Thread: 2018 Deer Season Coming Soon

2018 Deer Season Coming Soon

Looks like archery opens in a week and the early "Land Owners" season not long after. Most (including me) think it is still too warm to
    dressing and hanging deer. I have decided to at least take one this year for jerky after laying off hunting for 3 years. Some of 8-10 pts
    wandering around, so if I get chance will take one of them, but really would not mind one of those bigger spike bucks for a younger product.
    Lots of does around and they also need to be thinned out.

Thinking of using one of my military rifles this year - maybe Mosin sniper, Romanian PSL, Zastava M76, etc, just to change things
    up. Keep with the scoped ones as they work better with my eye sight (ouch).

Anyway, plenty of deer and my brother is buying the farm landlocked by me. Between him and me we will own all the land up here.
    Paradise for deer hunting (LOL). BTW that is why I have been slow on posting as I have been busy as the go between on the land thing,
    and baby sitting some of my brother's cows he had to get off the place he sold up north. Also still hay season here and working on last cutting.
    Getting older, but still getting the essential farm things done.

So, does anyone else have deer hunting plans this year??? I think the limit here has jumped up to 6 and does have been fair game for the
    last few years too. Less hunting going on and too many deer.
    Occam's razor, the simplest explanation will be the most plausible

I am missing this season, fixing up the house and work.

The soytards have been buying tags so hunters can not fill a tag in the People's Republic of Kalifornia. Save Bambi.

Dispenser of the Haterade.

Quote Originally Posted by fal_762x51 View Post
    I am missing this season, fixing up the house and work.

The soytards have been buying tags so hunters can not fill a tag in the People's Republic of Kalifornia. Save Bambi.
    In their mind it is better the deer over populate, destroy the vegetation, die of disease or starvation, be run over by cars/trucks, etc,
    than hunt them. Even the more liberal members of my family support hunting as a means to keep a healthy deer population. In Arkansas
    anyone of age can get a hunting license with deer tags. Deer tags can't be bought up here.

BS,

6 here in my area & land owners dont really have any limit under the nuisance tag..... would love to bag one here at the house... they walk up to our fruit trees every evening.

they seem to really like these persimmons! (who knew?) Wife has a rule that i cant shoot anything she feeds in the yard(she names them)... then there is the thing on my end that i never liked shooting bucks.

does & suitcase deer were always tastier & easier to drag..

dont have any active plans to go stalk any out or track any down, but if she sees another buck rubbing on her new fruit trees? she may want me to drop one of them. they destroyed 3 Honeycrisps & a plum tree last year.
    say what you mean & mean what you say!
    TEC Tactical=SOT/07 i work there.

I live for hunting so I will definitely be out. I got a black bear tag this year so I've been busy with that. Ruffed grouse season opened this weekend as well.
    Czar of all the Michigans
    In memory of Johnhttp://act.alz.org/goto/Weasel

Quote Originally Posted by weasel_master View Post
    I live for hunting so I will definitely be out. I got a black bear tag this year so I've been busy with that. Ruffed grouse season opened this weekend as well.
    Sadly...our grouse is almost gone....rarely see one.....deer on the other hand...see them daily in my "yard" its "Deer shooting" not "Deer hunting " here

I think I will break out the High Wall this year .....Uberti Deluxe 32 in Hvy BBl .45-70
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Silvera; 09-17-2018 at 04:55 AM.
    "Listen With Your Eyes"
    Wit, Grit, Courage and Determination

Quote Originally Posted by sdk1968 View Post
    BS,

6 here in my area & land owners dont really have any limit under the nuisance tag..... would love to bag one here at the house... they walk up to our fruit trees every evening.

they seem to really like these persimmons! (who knew?) Wife has a rule that i cant shoot anything she feeds in the yard(she names them)... then there is the thing on my end that i never liked shooting bucks.

does & suitcase deer were always tastier & easier to drag..

dont have any active plans to go stalk any out or track any down, but if she sees another buck rubbing on her new fruit trees? she may want me to drop one of them. they destroyed 3 Honeycrisps & a plum tree last year.
    I have a persimmon tree right by the back yard, plus some stands of persimmon trees here and there on the farm. Deer love the persimmons and I have seen coyotes eating them too. I will occasionally eat
    a few myself (LOL). They also quickly clean up any apples that fall from the apple trees.

^^^ spelling guru im not.

dont like the taste of those things ... too much in the tannin/tannon department for my headaches..... but i DO like the mulberry's & they seem to like those a lot too when they are in.

in the same boat as You & Silvera, it wouldnt really be hunting. it would be more just picking out which ones you shoot. BUT if you are hungry or need it for the freezer? im a firm believer that thats why they are here & we have pointy teeth. :-0
    say what you mean & mean what you say!
    TEC Tactical=SOT/07 i work there.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvera View Post
    Sadly...our grouse is almost gone....rarely see one.....deer on the other hand...see them daily in my "yard" its "Deer shooting" not "Deer hunting " here

I think I will break out the High Wall this year .....Uberti Deluxe 32 in Hvy BBl .45-70
    That be neat to get one with that. Let us know how you do.

The last time I was out your way I met a guy out there from near my hometown. He gave me his business card and an invite to come out and hunt. I intend to make it out to try sometime.
    Czar of all the Michigans
    In memory of Johnhttp://act.alz.org/goto/Weasel

I think the modern gun season here in Arkansas is too short especially for those of use who still work during the season. I wish I had the extra dough for a crossbow so I can get more hunting in.
    If the rain holds off for a bit this weekend I'm going to try and get me a little plot going.