Thread: Aguila ammo in my .30 carbine BH.

Senior Veteran

Aguila ammo in my .30 carbine BH.

Bought a box of Aguila ammo yesterday to try out in my .30 carbine BH for this morning. The ammo was on sale at a local sporting goods store near me. My BH does not like it! It was my first ammo of the day to shoot through the BH on a clean and dry cylinder. It loaded fine and shot pretty well. Then it came time to unload it. All 6 rounds were stuck in the cylinder, and stuck good! I had to rest the bottom of the grip on the table and use both hands on the ejector rod to get them out. One of them I almost started looking for something to pound it out with! After I got them out I fired three different types of ammo through without any stuck cases at all. Six rounds out of fifty fired out of that box of Aguila and that's all that it will ever be.

I measured case length and OAL and they were in specs. Maybe the brass is too thick on them and they are not coming back in after pressure drops.

Either way, no more Aguila ammo for me.
    14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

Scott,

just dont shoot it in that pistol. i read somewhere that those pistols were known for having cases stick. might have even been you who posted it before you bought it, but that was one of the complaints.

as to the aguila? its really good ammo & all of my M1 carbines love it. know you got those also... so dont be afraid to shoot it in them.
    say what you mean & mean what you say!
    TEC Tactical=SOT/07 i work there.

Senior Veteran
    Yup, not shooting it any more out of my BH. I'll try it out in my M1 carbines to see how it does.

Funny thing is, I have shot Winchester, Remington, and PPU out of the Blackhawk without any stuck cases at all. First cylinder full of Aguila and all 6 cases stuck bad.
    14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer