Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SINGER 1911A1 on GB!

Senior Veteran

SINGER 1911A1 on GB!

Wow! I didn't know they were worth this much money! Bid is at $65,025 with 3+ days left and 43 bidders. Is this normal for a Singer?

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/788596852

singer1911a1.jpg

singer1911a12.jpg
    Last edited by scottz63; 10-22-2018 at 08:38 AM.
    14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

Like the man said, it is one of 500 made. The last one I remember being sold at auction brought over 80k, but that one had direct ties to the Singer family with plenty of documentation. All that being said they are the most sought after 1911A1 out there, and the 1911 that people will often try to fake. That one looks very nice and is in excellent condition. All I can say is you would need trust in the seller and I would have to have time to inspect and confirm the fact that it is all original. That is if I had the spare cash laying around to bid with.
    For those who fought for it, freedom holds a flavor the protected will never know. Those who hammer their guns into plows-will plow for those who do not. Thomas Jefferson

Senior Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by 7.62guy View Post
    Like the man said, it is one of 500 made. The last one I remember being sold at auction brought over 80k, but that one had direct ties to the Singer family with plenty of documentation. All that being said they are the most sought after 1911A1 out there, and the 1911 that people will often try to fake. That one looks very nice and is in excellent condition. All I can say is you would need trust in the seller and I would have to have time to inspect and confirm the fact that it is all original. That is if I had the spare cash laying around to bid with.
    Yeah, I saw that one you are talking about while looking around at these just now. It sold for $80,500 at RIA. It was serial #1 though. I guess if I had crazy money I would try to acquire one of these. Lol

OK, that's not the one I was thinking about. The Singer family pistol sold at J.D. Julia's auction up in Maine like maybe ten years ago. I held the high bid on that pistol for about ten seconds. I missed the auction on serial no. one that would be a cool one to own also. But I'm like most retired blue collar workers, living the dream on a fixed income.
    For those who fought for it, freedom holds a flavor the protected will never know. Those who hammer their guns into plows-will plow for those who do not. Thomas Jefferson

Senior Veteran
    The one I found was sold in 2010.

https://www.rockislandauction.com/de...ol-price-80500

There is a current one on there that has an auction estimate price of $85,000 - $110,000 that goes up for sale on Dec 1st. I'll be watching that one to see what it goes for.

https://www.rockislandauction.com/de.../singer-1911a1
    Last edited by scottz63; 10-22-2018 at 09:21 AM.

I want to say I remember the No. 1 in that auction. There was a lot of discussion over that piece being a fake. Let me do some looking and see what I can find to refresh my memory.

Senior Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by 7.62guy View Post
    I want to say I remember the No. 1 in that auction. There was a lot of discussion over that piece being a fake. Let me do some looking and see what I can find to refresh my memory.
    Sounds good. Let me know. My brain still has a bit of room for new information. Lol

Well, I have a good memory it's just short. My looking took me back to 2010 and an auction from Julias. Not RIA. Here is a link to the discussion. https://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=287481 There have been more than a few fakes out there and some that have been checked and OK by some and still questioned by others. It is a sought after and pricey pistol and should be entered into with a buyer beware attitude.

Interesting, deep pockets and a rare gun and price goes out of sight.

Little off subject, but made me think if I got lucky and drawn for CMP 1911-A1 and had a choice between Colt, Rand or Ithaca what should I take? I am assuming if they discover anything rare or unusual
    they will put on their auction site, which usually brings big money.
    Occam's razor, the simplest explanation will be the most plausible

Senior Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    Interesting, deep pockets and a rare gun and price goes out of sight.

Little off subject, but made me think if I got lucky and drawn for CMP 1911-A1 and had a choice between Colt, Rand or Ithaca what should I take? I am assuming if they discover anything rare or unusual
    they will put on their auction site, which usually brings big money.
    I'd say in order: Colt, Rand, and Ithaca. From what I've seen over the years the Colts tend to bring a higher price.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776.