Thread: Kalashnicohn builds?

Question Kalashnicohn builds?

Hi, all!

My LGS is doing a Thanksgiving week special and they’ve got several Kalashnicohn SBRs on sale, some in .300 BLK and some in 7.62x39. I don’t have any first-hand experience with Kalashnicohn builds. How do they compare with Arsenal, Krebbs, Molot, or Ishmash rifles? I spent some time googling before I posted here and I did find some negative press about the company, but most of what I found seemed to be mainly related to the production delays experienced with their Vityaz PCC. Id’ be more interested in a “proper” 7.62x39 build, so I’m not sure if I should be concerned about the Vityaz issues. Can anyone here provide any feedback regarding Kalashnicohn build quality and/or customer service support for post-sale issues?

Thanks in advance!

~ Greg ~

What is a Kalashnicoln? A jewish Kalashnikov? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by luigi View Post
    What is a Kalashnicoln? A jewish Kalashnikov? LOL
    Kalashnico*h*n. And maybe? I guess I don't know what religion the owner is. His name is Jeremiah Cohn... so maybe Jewish? I dunno.

But everyone knows the true Jewish AK is the Galil. But you knew that, right?

Quote Originally Posted by ptrthgr8 View Post
    Kalashnico*h*n. And maybe? I guess I don't know what religion the owner is. His name is Jeremiah Cohn... so maybe Jewish? I dunno.

But everyone knows the true Jewish AK is the Galil. But you knew that, right?
    Yep and I wish I had a Galil..!!

if I was in the market for a AK, I would stick to those that have a long and known track record, ie WASR, SLRs, SAIGA/MOLOT ETC...

for a company that is basically new on the market, and no one has heard of (I certainly never heard of them)I wouldn't roll the dice. now if AKs were still 200 bucks, like they use to be, I would roll the dice for one. but now that they are really, really pricey, I would stick to what has a good track record. YMMV

FWIW, found this on YOUTUBE

Last edited by Ghoulardi; 11-17-2018 at 06:04 PM.
    STAY SICK! AND TURN BLUE OVA-DEY!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulardi View Post
    if I was in the market for a AK, I would stick to those that have a long and known track record, ie WASR, SLRs, SAIGA/MOLOT ETC...

for a company that is basically new on the market, and no one has heard of (I certainly never heard of them)I wouldn't roll the dice. now if AKs were still 200 bucks, like they use to be, I would roll the dice for one. but now that they are really, really pricey, I would stick to what has a good track record. YMMV
    I've done a bit more digging over the weekend, also stumbling across that video you posted, and I think what I've learned makes me want to stay away from Kalshnicohn. OreGear (the author of the video you posted) really goes out of his way to be nice and polite regarding all the issues he ran into with that rifle, but what's even worse is the attitude he got from Jeremiah Cohn (owner of Kalshnicohn) when he contacted the company to get those issues fixed. I can give a company a break for making a lemon (happens to everyone at some point), but the single thing I cannot forgive is terrible customer service. There's simply no excuse for being a turd to your customer in any situation, but particularly a situation where your product is shoddy or sub-par and the customer is trying to be cool with you to help find a way to fix things. If we were taking about $300 rifles, well... maybe you can learn to deal with it given the low cost. But these rifles are pushing $1000. No excuse in the world for an owner copping an attitude with a customer who paid ~$1000 for a rifle that has $300 quality.

Beyond that, there are also a lot of stories with people getting ripped off after they put down $1500 for the the pre-sale of the Vityaz pistols, and then Jeremiah allegedly skipped town with their money, made no refunds, and bascially decided to run to England. I'm not sure how much of those stories are true (seems like a criminal case if true), but there are a ton of people out there posting how they got "Kalashniconned" during that Vityaz debacle. I know you can't believe every single thing you read on the internet, but still...

So, yep. I'll look elsewhere. Perhaps there's a reason why the LGS is trying to get these Kalashnicohn builds off their shelves.

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

Senior Veteran
    Is Jeremiah Cohn Todd Bailey's new alias?
    The answer to 1984 is 1776.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkane View Post
    Is Jeremiah Cohn Todd Bailey's new alias?
    Ha! The Coharie Arms guy? Quite possible... only The Shadow knows!

Quote Originally Posted by ptrthgr8 View Post
    Ha! The Coharie Arms guy? Quite possible... only The Shadow knows!
    started out as SPECIAL WEAPONS, then when things got too hot for todd with the crap he was making and selling he closed the company and set up a new company name, same garbage different name, BOBCAT WEAPONS. then when it got hot again, he closed that company and the new one was COHARIE.

boy changes company names like most people change underwear
    STAY SICK! AND TURN BLUE OVA-DEY!