Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So, Sean(sdk1968), tell me more about 7.62x25 in a 1911.

Senior Veteran

So, Sean(sdk1968), tell me more about 7.62x25 in a 1911.

I would like to hear more my friend!
    14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

Scott,

Kristofer_G came up with these back in 2010. he is the lead gunsmith for J&G sales(the big chain outwest). he did a few for himself & shared them. i talked him into doing a "run" of them.

we did a couple group buys & so on. Then J&G wanted him to do them directly thru them as a product that they offered for a while. eventually he ran into a supply problem from the barrel maker & when he finally got them all caught up, i "THINK" he stopped doing big batches of them.

the base is a 38 super 1911 that you can get pretty cheap thru just about anyone. this gives you enough length for the TOK round. some people said/complained you couldnt load the mags easily enough, so i put up a video of doing it easy with a couple types & we found that like any other commercial ammo, different outfits use different set backs & some of them were a couple K's longer & would drag.

there was nothing wrong with the set up, just was easier to use surplus or S&B... as those were all perfect in length.

its an awesome shooting round in the 1911. BCPLLC bought my last one. (think its the one in the pictures here on MF)

the gun is heavy & large enough that it makes the TOK pretty tame, yet its still got plenty of oomph. takes all the twist/kick out of it.
    the barrel is long enough that you get good velocity vs other TOK pistols.... & Kristofer_G has these custom made with correct twist in them for the round.

the conversion is real easy. he runs a 14lb recoil spring & a different FP spring which were all included in the kit with the barrel.

takes about 30 mins to swap it over.

back in the early runs it took the usual hood/lug area polishing to get it really smooth, but Kristofer_G had it micro perfected with the last several i did.

as TOK went up in price, the demand dropped off on these & havent talked to Kristofer_G about them in a couple of years. He was on recently, but didnt ask him about these.

He might still be doing them or have the barrels.. i dont know for sure. will drop him a line.

here are some pix of his, which are obviously fancier than my cheapy armscor versions.

tok1.jpgtok2.jpg
    tok3.jpgtok4.jpg
    say what you mean & mean what you say!
    TEC Tactical=SOT/07 i work there.

Senior Veteran
    Really interested in this now! Going to look around on the net.

Senior Veteran

So many conversions for the 1911,I wonder why that is, Oh yeah it's been the finest platform to build on for over a hundred years in pistols.
    For those who fought for it, freedom holds a flavor the protected will never know. Those who hammer their guns into plows-will plow for those who do not. Thomas Jefferson

Senior Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by 7.62guy View Post
    So many conversions for the 1911,I wonder why that is, Oh yeah it's been the finest platform to build on for over a hundred years in pistols.
    True!

Scott,

Yep thats the barrel... didnt see them offering anything else in with it... but if you got a 38super 1911? this is something you can play with & give a try.

gave you the things to look for in setting it up & tuning it. hood/engagement polishing & the spring.

maybe these newer barrels dont need anything except drop in. Kristofer used to send a paper with them giving the hints/tips.

would give you a nice project to fine tune this winter!

got it ordered yet?

Senior Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by sdk1968 View Post
    Scott,

Yep thats the barrel... didnt see them offering anything else in with it... but if you got a 38super 1911? this is something you can play with & give a try.

gave you the things to look for in setting it up & tuning it. hood/engagement polishing & the spring.

maybe these newer barrels dont need anything except drop in. Kristofer used to send a paper with them giving the hints/tips.

would give you a nice project to fine tune this winter!

got it ordered yet?
    Lol! not yet. Just starting to think about it. I don't have a .38 super 1911 either.

good news is those are pretty cheap & you catch them on sale in the 9mm/38 super combo with both barrels.....

then when you ad this TOK you got a 3 caliber combo! didnt see any combo sales on right now but heres what a quick look found...

buds current price: https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...9%2B1+Wood+Gri

grabagun: https://grabagun.com/armscor-ri-1911...-9rd-prkd.html

centerfire: https://www.centerfiresystems.com/p-...ck-finish.aspx or https://www.centerfiresystems.com/p-...ax1-9r-mt.aspx or https://www.centerfiresystems.com/p-...sup-fs-ca.aspx https://www.centerfiresystems.com/p-...sup-fs-ca.aspx

Senior Veteran
    Thanks for the links! It will be next year before I do that though, I'm tapped out on guns for a few months. I blew my gun budget again this year! Lol