Thread: Wanted Ptr 91 receiver

New Recruit

Wanted Ptr 91 receiver

Looking for a Ptr 91 receiver for a g3 build. Pm me what you have

Sarco has these for sale.

Veteran
    I think you would be better to just buy a flat and Bend. I made a simple unistrut jig and it works great. Cost about 20.00 to make.
    Attached Images Attached Images

New Recruit
    Hello, mite you have dimensions for this as I've the parts but haven't been able to get around to making it up. Any dimensions esp the ejection port notch will be greatly appreciated. Plus once I finish with it I'll probably list it here for loan. Sincerely brent

Veteran
    The ejection port slot was just rough cut out with my dremel tool. Not real critical. Just so the lip clears. Round Bar is 20mm. It is a much better quality steel than just the standard 1018. Upright pieces are I think 1/4 inch thick flat. Slot they ride in is 1/4 too of course. Nice the three uprights can just be easily removed and stored.. They just slip fit in the slot and a long heavy Bar was used loosely on top of those to push with in the press. Rest is not critical in measurement. More less just made to fit the flat length.

Not sure if this is even necessary. But bottom support plate is 3/8 thick flat by 3 Inches wide. But it was just a scrap piece lying around, so it got bolted to the base.

I will add one thing. Most flats now come with the tabs on the ends for alignment. Those are likely fine for the fancy mass produced Jigs out there. But I would not use those for this homemade jig. I instead would recommend cutting them off and drilling two small 1/8 inch holes in the very ends and center of the flat. Then put two small dowel pins in the 20mm round bar to correspond with those.

I think those two factory tans will mess with the bend otherwise. I cannot verify that. But I had enough suspicions they will. That I opted to use the two new holes and dowel pins. These Unistrut jigs sure work well. I do not know how they even sell the Factory ridiculous priced and over engineered ones anymore.

I can bend a flat in less than 5 minutes with this. And they come out very nice. Very little, if any additional tweaking was even needed with the three flats we bent with this jig.
    Last edited by Carbineone1964; 02-02-2020 at 09:13 AM.