Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HK-32 7.62x39 CETME-like prototype video

HK-32 7.62x39 CETME-like prototype video

Another cool new video from forgotten weapons this time on the HK32, which IMO looks very much like a CETME modelo B only in 7.62x39. I knew PTR made guns in this caliber, but I never knew HK did. Interesting...

https://youtu.be/sJSuSQrDd7k

Very cool! Thank you for posting this. It is sort of the Grandfather of my PTR32K.

I watched it all the way through and learned several things. The stuff that amazed me the most was that they took almost the same path for conversion that I did when I made my Cetme X39. Full sized receiver and BCG, modified LP (mine is 65 degrees) and lever style mag release. I wish the video was available back then, would've saved a lot of head scratching! The most interesting thing in the video was just how much "Cetme" there was in the early HK guns.

Senior Veteran

Very cool! I love forgotten weapons videos. Thanks for posting.
    14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

Veteran
    Since HK started out building Cetme rifles under a license purchased by the German govt from Spain its really no surprise the HK rifles look almost exactly like Cetme rifles. HK was one of two companies the Germans setup to build the Cetme Modelo 58 rifles. The other was Rheinmetall who had little interest in building tiny toy guns. They wanted to continue building cannons and larger stuff. When they completed their contract they made a deal with HK that said they wouldn't build little guns if HK wouldn't build larger stuff.
    HK of course modified the model 58 for production by German companies using their methods and other mods to fit the German tactics and other equipment. They ended up with the G3 for general issue and the Spanish with the Modelo C.

There were many others competing for the Finnish contract and you can find information on the SIG 510-3 which is similar to the Stgw 57 and SIG AMT only in 7.62X39. The Finns ended up with the AK built by Valmet in the end so all these oddities came to naught. It is neat to see the variations though.

Frank

Biffj, thanks for that added info ^^^.

Senior Veteran
    cuda, thanks for posting!
    Nice to see some of these things close up of personal instead of just enough book.
    I was particularly happy that he removed that grenade sight from the grip, again I’ve only seen pictures of it in a book but never loose.

21HK, yeah the grenade sight was neat. At first I saw that thing with numbers on it hanging out of the PG and though 'what is that?'...lol. Pretty cool. That gun was awesome IMO....I'd love to have one, wish someone would build a replica complete with the modelo B-like HG only have it take AK mags.

Very cool! I only learned yesterday that these existed when a friend who is a LE range instructor posted that he had handled and shot one. Thanks for the video link.

Veteran
    If you all are interested in this sort of thing you need to buy a copy of the book " Full Circle-A treatise on roller locking" by R Blake Stevens and published by Collector Grade Publications. Last I knew Amazon had them for $50 or so. Lots of history from the First Mauser Gerät 06 to the stuff done in the 90s. It includes some info on the Cetme L and the Swiss Stgw 57 along with some roller locks you may be unfamiliar with like the Calico 9mm carbine. Its worth the price and is an excellent reference book for the rifles. You won't go wrong buying it.

Frank