Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mk57 Banshee cmmg

mk57 Banshee cmmg

well it is a pistol...

many of you know how much i like the 5.7x28 in my Herstal, PS90's, AR57's & so on...

been telling you about these off & on, finally got the chance to grab one & test it out. Here are some starter pix & then will do the shooting of it tomorrow. REMEMBER= im not a good photo taker like some of you pro's! Its just snaps on my cell.

info:

This is the 300 series pistol version with 5" threaded barrel. (YES im going to run the can on it.)

Its called Titanium in color & im not sure if its the best cerakote job ive ever seen or if its just a clear version of anodizing? its the same color everywhere & there is NO variance in it at all.

Its very tight & snug & has no rattles. The oversize cocking handle has a logo on it when you pull it back.

Feels like a very short but adjustable pistol brace. all the way out is great for up to the shoulder (but not touching) shooting.

Gonna throw a red dot or reflex on it later, but for now its a point & shoot baby.

heres the usual shots. In box & what you get. right side, left side & top open.

20190322_172727.jpg20190322_172746.jpg
    20190322_172846.jpg20190322_172952.jpg
    say what you mean & mean what you say!
    TEC Tactical=SOT/07 i work there.

Senior Veteran
    That's nice! In 5.7x28 as well, cool. What mags does it take?
    14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

Man that looks sweet. I hope you like it and can tell us all about it soon. I think the mag looks like a five seven pistol mag?
    For those who fought for it, freedom holds a flavor the protected will never know. Those who hammer their guns into plows-will plow for those who do not. Thomas Jefferson

oops my fault... meant to put that in there.

YES it runs on 5.7 Herstal mags, which for me is part of the appeal to it... no special mags needed & they still hold 20 or 30 with the extender. i dont have any of the extenders yet, but do have several Herstal mags.

the banshee comes with a promag generic, but im not too fond of those & will probably never use it. i like the FN mag & they work perfect, so no need to take a shortcut.

guys: im not anywhere in the league of what you see in the cetme L compare thread. dont photo that good, dont grammar that good either... so this will be a pretty basic "its good" or "its crap". hoping to get outside here in a few.

went out & ran about 100 thru it. didnt bother to lube it or anything else, figured would just try it right out of the box.

had some reloaded 35grn that was fairly hot for a 5.7 load. had 37grn factory stuff . had 40grn american eagle & 40grn FN factory load.

the 35 was hotter, faster, louder & had more recoil.

the 37 felt identical to the 40 AE stuff.

the 40 FN was/is still my favorite overall.

no jams w/or without can, no FTF, FTE & again this was dry.

no site means its just point & shoot & if you are wondering about my steep downhill angle? its because my shoot box is that far down below my feet in the bank.

without the can: gun is very easy to move, but it is obviously a very short sight radius when up near your shoulder. TOO SHORT if you dont have a front site to work from or a red dot/reflex. it will have to have something.

with the can: this should come with a sticker that says "run with can at all times". much much nicer to play with & no earpons needed.

about the can? This is a Lane Scorpion can from MRM4 that is rated for FA 5.56. lots of people say you cant run a 5.56 can on 5.7...... but this can has several thousand rounds thru it in combo of 545, 556, 5.7 & 22mag... NEVER had a baffle strike or issue of any type & performs just as good today as it did the day Matt sold it to me. These really are the "ironman of cans" as they call them.

overall first impression? oh this is gonna be a fun toy & could very easily be a nice home defender if you chose to use it as such.

20190323_193313.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXduVasHm24

Senior Veteran
    Nice! Looks like it runs good and pretty quite with that can on it as well.

Did you try that wonderful promag in it yet. Lol

SDK, Fantastic write up. Short sweat and simple and great pics to boot. I like what I have read so much I'm on my way to their site to do further reading.
    For those who fought for it, freedom holds a flavor the protected will never know. Those who hammer their guns into plows-will plow for those who do not. Thomas Jefferson

Interesting, thanks for sharing!
    Occam's razor, the simplest explanation will be the most plausible

Senior Veteran
    The video was a nice touch too. I think a video kind of sums everything up to make it complete. Thanks!

you guys are too kind.

its just a quick run thru so you can see size & how it "sits" when in action. will get more info out to you as we get some rounds into the trap.

Wife & Abby decided they both like it & they put a couple more mags thru it yesterday.

NO: still havent used the promag. it might be fine... will save it in the box just in case.

any of you got a good suggestion or link for a cheap reflex or red dot? something low profile.