Thread: First gun show of the year.

Senior Veteran

First gun show of the year.

For me anyways. This morning at a little town about 15 minutes from me. Traditionally the best one in the area for surplus stuff though. I hope I can find something good. If not a gun, memorabilia/collectibles at least. Maybe some magazines or ammo as well.

I'll post back with what I find.
    14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

Senior Veteran
    Hope you had fun and success! I went to a local gunshow last weekend and it was a total bust. First they ask for $10 to get in and then there were barely any firearms, zero reloading components besides a few completely overpriced primers. The few firearms dealers that were there all seem to believe their guns were made out of gold under the bluing. Two booths with ammo. Cabelas prices plus 10% on top. The one table I actually would have bought the complete setup if I had the money was a gentleman selling his collection of about ten Colt snake revolvers. All in mint, if not unfired condition...
    NRA Life member, Instructor and CRSO
    www.primercatcher.com

Senior Veteran
    You Guys may consider the Wanenmacher's show in Tulsa, yes the prices are high, but the amount of items is off the chart

http://www.tulsaarmsshow.com/

Another show I have found to be very good is the Lakeland gun show in Florida...

The lakelandshow is pure eye candy before you get into the show because it is on an airport with lots of display aircraft..

http://www.lakelandgunshow.com/

I see you found the sweet spot of the gun shows in Fl. Once a year Lakeland host an all C&R show. If your around that way and flush so to speak, when it's going on it's a great show.
    For those who fought for it, freedom holds a flavor the protected will never know. Those who hammer their guns into plows-will plow for those who do not. Thomas Jefferson

Senior Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by 7.62guy View Post
    I see you found the sweet spot of the gun shows in Fl. Once a year Lakeland host an all C&R show. If your around that way and flush so to speak, when it's going on it's a great show.
    The Lakeland show is more than once a year, But your right, it can be high... The outside line coming in can be better than the show at times...

Senior Veteran

This one I went to is always pretty good for surplus. Lots of elderly farmers selling off their stuff at decent prices.

I scored today! WW2 P-38

Starting a thread here on it. www.militaryfirearm.com/Forum/showthread.php?35506-quot-New-quot-WW2-P-38-for-me&p=371917#post371917www.militaryfirearm.com/Forum/showthread.php?35506-quot-New-quot-WW2-P-38-for-me&p=371917#post371917
    14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer