Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Photobucket problem

Senior Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by biffj View Post
    I'm seeing your pictures just fine but I do know photobucket has some issues. There was a link I downloaded some time back for a fix to correct the PB issues. Prior to that I was seeing the red x of death for pics. No idea what that link is....I think it was on NFA Talk board.
    I just got a message from PB last week saying that I had too many pics saved. I was only allowed 6GB or some such nonsense and when I got to the site they were wanting me to subscribe. I'm not paying $5 a month for something that started out free then went to free with ads required and now is limiting me to 250 pictures or pay. After fiddling with the site for an hour I finally found that the free storage is still there but limited to 250 pics and no vids. I just deleted stuff I don't need and no more hate mail.....for now.

Google Photobucket link fix and I think you'll find the fix for firefox and the others.

Frank
    Frank that was for when PB was actively blocking linking, PB fixed that issue.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776.

[QUOTE=Combloc;372085]So, are you guys telling me that you can't see the pictures I'm posting at all?? Is this picture showing up:

I am getting your picture direct without link.
    Occam's razor, the simplest explanation will be the most plausible

Senior Veteran
    I am seeing the pics here as well as being able to click on them and opening in Photobucket.
    14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

Senior Veteran
    OK, I had a networking guru take a gander at it. Turns out that it's relative to the level of security settings in the user's browser. Having your security settings cranked up doesn't allow the forum page to render the links the way photobucket's proxy works, which is why it will still work in a private window (where no personal info is sent to PB). The reasoning behind this is PB serves up advertising by reading your cookies to better target that advertising. Having the security cranked up on your browser doesn't let it do it through another site (in this case the forum).

The way PB is scripted it's designed to break if it can't read those cookies and dump you into the "incorrect link" page.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776.

i can see the pic you posted... it was the early link that wouldnt work.

interesting thing is i couldnt recopy that link & insert it here like i usually would.... BUT it shows up if you use the quote function.
    say what you mean & mean what you say!
    TEC Tactical=SOT/07 i work there.

just switch to using imgur. so much easier.
    COG# 1987

I see all of the photos and none of the ads. Mozilla Firefox with Adblock Plus turned on.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by holescreek View Post
    I see all of the photos and none of the ads. Mozilla Firefox with Adblock Plus turned on.
    My sentiments exactly. Wish I could make my phone work with the adblocker for youtube. Tired of the BS ads they insert in the middle of songs and videos.

Frank

If photoflubit ever worked right, more than one day in a row, I'd subscribe.

It's easier to post photos with a CB radio, than the... "new & improved" ... photoflubit...
    We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other. - John Adams, 2nd U.S. President -

If you want a free site that WORKS - WITHOUT hassles - try THESE guys! It's who I'm using now!

https://imgbb.com/
    We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other. - John Adams, 2nd U.S. President -