Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody STILL active in PA?

Question Anybody STILL active in PA?

It's like "Tumblin' Tumbleweeds" in here!
    We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other. - John Adams, 2nd U.S. President -

Still here, tho not as active due to work and other commitments.
    COG # 1066

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmvogel View Post
    Still here, tho not as active due to work and other commitments.
    Hey - from the GOOD end of the Commonwealth, even! Going to the Washington Gun Show in a couple of weeks?
    We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other. - John Adams, 2nd U.S. President -

Senior Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by The War Wagon View Post
    Hey - from the GOOD end of the Commonwealth, even! Going to the Washington Gun Show in a couple of weeks?
    What is the Washington gun show like?? Size?? type of items???

Quote Originally Posted by indy1919a4 View Post
    What is the Washington gun show like?? Size?? type of items???

It's decent-sized, since it take up two building on the Washington County Fairgrounds. There's definitely some FUDD to wade through, since Jedediah's gonna bring his well-worn, but PRICELESS (which means, WAAAAAY overpriced ) "thutty-thutty" to sell... but I've found the ammo deals to be the best thing about that show. Even during the dark early days of the Obama Insurrection, ammo could be had - had in bulk - and at better than store prices there.

I always manage to find some good surprises there, too. Take a friend who'll appreciate it, and you'll have a good day. Be sure to hit up Shorty's Hotdogs in Wolfdale, just a mile or so south of the fairgrounds for lunch - but remember; he ONLY takes cash! If you're stuck with the wife & kids, send them next door to the PA Trolley Museum. That'll occupy THEM for a few hours, while you get some SERIOUS work done!

Senior Veteran
    It's decent-sized, since it take up two building on the Washington County Fairgrounds. There's definitely some FUDD to wade through, since Jedediah's gonna bring his well-worn, but PRICELESS (which means, WAAAAAY overpriced ) "thutty-thutty" to sell... but I've found the ammo deals to be the best thing about that show. Even during the dark early days of the Obama Insurrection, ammo could be had - had in bulk - and at better than store prices there.

I always manage to find some good surprises there, too. Take a friend who'll appreciate it, and you'll have a good day. Be sure to hit up Shorty's Hotdogs in Wolfdale, just a mile or so south of the fairgrounds for lunch - but remember; he ONLY takes cash! If you're stuck with the wife & kids, send them next door to the PA Trolley Museum. That'll occupy THEM for a few hours, while you get some SERIOUS work done!
    Many thanks... Sounds like a nice little show..

Oh Yeah great name,,, Great Movie... I have based my life on its teachings..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnJfegPwSJQ
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by indy1919a4; 06-09-2019 at 09:06 AM.

Definitely from the better end of the state!

I'd not planned on going no, will check the date and see tho. The Trolley Museum is a great place to take the kids and grandkids. They have the only remaining example of a Butler Harmony Short Line trolley left as it had broken down some miles away from the main car barn. The day they went out of business, they gathered them all together and set fire to them.
    COG # 1066

Senior Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by indy1919a4 View Post
    Many thanks... Sounds like a nice little show..

Oh Yeah great name,,, Great Movie... I have based my live on its teachings..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnJfegPwSJQ
    I don't remember seeing that one. I have to go look now!
    14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

Senior Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by scottz63 View Post
    I don't remember seeing that one. I have to go look now!
    Ahhhhh thats horrible... the movie has everything.. Its Got a Gatling gun, John Wayne, a gatling gun, Kirk Douglas, a gatling gun, an armored stage coach.. Oh yeah did I mention it has a GATLING GUN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDAhzwjNLJk

Came out in theaters exactly ONE week before I was born.

I even named my mid-life-crisis-on-wheels after it.

See!

I had the dash cover CUSTOM-made...