Thread: Spanish auto parts on cetme mod 3 308

New Recruit Private

Angry Spanish auto parts on cetme mod 3 308

have a Cetme c 308 works fine with all ammo, was given a Spanish FA-CETME mod c mfg in 1971
    I replaced the whole bolt carrier, pin, spring, locking block, bolt head and extractor with the new Spanish parts. Only difference was the new bolt head did not have the grove cut,that the ejector uses in auto mode

The rifle fired very well with either old or new bolt carriers.

Now Having the parts to build a trigger group which I did. Had to make a modification to the frame to fit.
    Now using the new trigger set using either bolt carrier firing set to semi-auto, it does not extract the shells. Seems like it needs more force to push the bolt back or too slow

Quote Originally Posted by evdelos View Post
    have a Cetme c 308 works fine with all ammo, was given a Spanish FA-CETME mod c mfg in 1971
    I replaced the whole bolt carrier, pin, spring, locking block, bolt head and extractor with the new Spanish parts. Only difference was the new bolt head did not have the grove cut,that the ejector uses in auto mode

The rifle fired very well with either old or new bolt carriers.

Now Having the parts to build a trigger group which I did. Had to make a modification to the frame to fit.
    Now using the new trigger set using either bolt carrier firing set to semi-auto, it does not extract the shells. Seems like it needs more force to push the bolt back or too slow
    Not sure what modification you did, was it just to clear the magazine block on the rear of the mag well?

Cetme rifles use chamber flutes to push the case rearward to cycle the action. The extractor on the bolt head is only there to keep the case against the bolt head long enough for the ejector to pivot up and kick the case out as the bolt head continues rearward.

I sounds like you might have one of two things going wrong. First item to check is the ejector shelf inside the trigger pack to make sure it is not allowing the ejector to move side to side. The ejector should only move up and down freely, no other movement. The second thing to check is the height of the FCG. Since you modified the "frame" it might be sitting too high up in the action and is causing drag on the carrier.