Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: C308 inner reciever wear

Veteran

C308 inner reciever wear

Hey all
    Im about 800 rds in to my c308 and i notice some wear in the carrier that looks like its slamming into firing position too hard creating dimples on the inside of the reciever.

The wear indicates heavily on the rear end of the bolt carrier and dimpling/peening on the inside of the reciever. Is there anything i can do to remedy this or is just nature of using the rifle?

I cant post pictures ive fought with this website so many times and still cant figure it out.

Almost all photos taken with a modern camera are formatted too large for posting here. I always have to open my pics in Microsoft Paint and reduce them in size so that the longest size is 800 pixels.

email your pics to me and I'll post them here. holescreek@yahoo.com

read this, what you are experiencing is the rollers are push against the receiver, due to one or several issues

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-long-...arks-hk94.html
    Last edited by Ghoulardi; 08-07-2019 at 05:58 PM.
    STAY SICK! AND TURN BLUE OVA-DEY!

Your photo doesn't show anything recognizable to me. Not sure if I'm looking at the front or back and the rails are out of focus.

Check out the pics here: http://www.militaryfirearm.com/Forum...2C+bad%2C+ugly

Veteran
    This has much better pictures. Wear marks are at top of reciever where bolt carrier touches. There are 2 obvious peen area both opposite eachother. It doesnt look like anything ive seen in my research.

http://imgur.com/a/JwMrNuU

Rollers only deploy when the bolt head slows down quickly. Lay your bolt head on the outside of the receiver and line up the roller with the peen mark, then figure out what the face of the bolt is hitting in side the receiver at that point. Typically peens are found at each end, from striking the trunnion and striking the buffer and each are fixable. If you're hitting something in the middle it has to be either FCG or magazine related.

One thing I see wrong is the right hand rail is nowhere near flush with the trunnion "throat", but the dents dont look like roller dents. To me they look to be above the rails in the channel where the carrier extension rides.

Quote Originally Posted by Has Been View Post
    One thing I see wrong is the right hand rail is nowhere near flush with the trunnion "throat", but the dents dont look like roller dents. To me they look to be above the rails in the channel where the carrier extension rides.
    I saw that too but thought it might be showing the inside of the trunnion due to the camera angle. To be honest, I still couldn't see the dimples in the last pic.

Pretty sure I see them at the very rear of the ejection port straight below the mag catch in the last photo. On the outside they should be showing just behind the ejection port "flare".