Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gun buyer endorsements....and what is this.???

Gun buyer ID method....and what is this.???

My Ohio drivers license has several little boxes on the back...all renew on birthdate month....one is for motor cycles & one for eyeglasses.....there are others. How about the drivers license people at every registars office conducting the back ground check & endorsing a box on your license that you are a gun buy/seller. Renewal every 2 years, background check each time, fee $20. $10 to state & $10. to Medicaid ??? Social Security.??? or.??? Any place that congress cant get at it. Like everything else, once the initial rush takes place, it would soon become routine.

You who think you have not registered a gun, think again.....if you bought in a LGS & filled in a 4473, your name & other pertinent information is on a government form w/guns serial & physical description. When I surrendered my FFL, the gal had me to change "semi-auto" to handgun or long gun because the people who audit the books dont know what semi-auto means.....key word here is "audit"........

Annnnnndddd.....I found this gadget in the bottom of my field bucket. It appears to have a tiny 189 Waffenampt on it, but looks too new for my WW 2 guns.

PJH
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by heckinohio; 08-09-2019 at 08:56 AM.

People's Democratic Republic of OH-NO-o... just more boxes NOT to check. Please move along.
    We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other. - John Adams, 2nd U.S. President -

Elaborate, warwagon.........you seem to be ducking & running. How about some constructive comment/solution to the up coming "..do something.." emotional upheaval about to take place.

PJH

Senior Veteran
    Hmm - why pay for something I get for free? Here in OH, with my CHL, there is no need to call anything in and wait for approval, I renew my CHL every 5 years anyhow (for a ridiculous $50 fee).

Any requirement for a background check for deals between private parties would require a firearms registration as otherwise, nobody will be able to prove that the deal did not happen prior to some useless regulation, or that there was even a deal at some point. Solution would be registering ALL firearms on day x - yes, maybe, but what percentage of firearms owners will actually get them registered? Best case 40% of the law abiding citizens.... and best case ZERO percent of the criminals that don't give a rats ass about laws to begin with. It would just be another complete and utterly waste of time and money, besides having a government that slowly but surely starts to turn against its citizens.

I would love to hear about any "common sense" gun control measure that would not be taken apart in milliseconds, just by using a grain of common sense. An easy "common sense" step would be opening the NICS checks for everybody and not FFLs only - and providing that as a free service. That way, the hyper-concerned person wanting to sell a firearm in a private sale COULD at least check that he/she does not sell to a fellon (without paying the local FFL $25 to $50 for that). Would that fix anything? Nope, but the stupids can put their checkmarks in the "we did something" boxes, and that seems to be all they care about.
    NRA Life member, Instructor and CRSO
    www.primercatcher.com

Quote Originally Posted by heckinohio View Post
    Elaborate, warwagon.........you seem to be ducking & running. How about some constructive comment/solution to the up coming "..do something.." emotional upheaval about to take place.

PJH
    I'm not in charge of OTHER people's emotions. I'm in charge of mine. I live life with a clear conscience & a light heart. But then, I ALSO know Jesus - but alas, I'm NOT the Holy Spirit, so I'm not in charge of MAKING people believe, either.

You cite a buncha different boxes on the OH-NO-o D-L. Are they MANDATORY? Will you be hit by lightning for an, 'oversight of omission?' Act accordingly. In PA, you can now have a GENDERLESS D-L. I'm sure OH is racing PA hard to the bottom of the "numbnuttery." Ignore whenever possible, and proceed accordingly. I sleep better at night, knowing the "elected dumbassery" does not dictate MY emotions.
    We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other. - John Adams, 2nd U.S. President -

Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Hmm - why pay for something I get for free? Here in OH, with my CHL, there is no need to call anything in and wait for approval, I renew my CHL every 5 years anyhow (for a ridiculous $50 fee).

Any requirement for a background check for deals between private parties would require a firearms registration as otherwise, nobody will be able to prove that the deal did not happen prior to some useless regulation, or that there was even a deal at some point. Solution would be registering ALL firearms on day x - yes, maybe, but what percentage of firearms owners will actually get them registered? Best case 40% of the law abiding citizens.... and best case ZERO percent of the criminals that don't give a rats ass about laws to begin with. It would just be another complete and utterly waste of time and money, besides having a government that slowly but surely starts to turn against its citizens.

I would love to hear about any "common sense" gun control measure that would not be taken apart in milliseconds, just by using a grain of common sense. An easy "common sense" step would be opening the NICS checks for everybody and not FFLs only - and providing that as a free service. That way, the hyper-concerned person wanting to sell a firearm in a private sale COULD at least check that he/she does not sell to a fellon (without paying the local FFL $25 to $50 for that). Would that fix anything? Nope, but the stupids can put their checkmarks in the "we did something" boxes, and that seems to be all they care about.
    You know, that is a valid point. I just renewed my CCW and heard that the new permits removed the necessity of the NICS check. We just need to get everyone signed up for a CCW permit!

Senior Veteran
    Yes, I like to idea of making everybody a mandatory CHL holder, also with the requirement to carry. Change the second amendment from being a right into being a requirement - You might be onto something here...

That regulation has been in place for two or three years now - some sellers still call it in, but the majority just lets you fill out the form and you are good to go. I just wish my wife would let me take advantage of that way, way more often :-)

Quote Originally Posted by holescreek View Post
    You know, that is a valid point. I just renewed my CCW and heard that the new permits removed the necessity of the NICS check. We just need to get everyone signed up for a CCW permit!
    NRA Life member, Instructor and CRSO
    www.primercatcher.com

Couple more comments....as usual I didnt research anything & am not going to, someone here will correct me....as far as I can figure the first successful assault on the second amendment was GCA 1934....I know little about the political atmosphere that went with it. I do remember the GCA 1968....kinda an undetailed & dim memory, I was deep into drag racing at that time. Seems the initial idea was to eliminate indiscriminate mail order sales. This followed the emotional upheaval associated with Kennedys assassination. Unfortunately, once the antis foot was in the door, machine guns went down the tube,..... a smaller segment of gun ownership that seemed to be expendable to the rifle/shotgun contingent. Thrown to the wolves so to speak, antis would certainly be satisfied with that. Divide & conquer. Then the GCA 1986 really sealed the machine gun guys fate. What machine gun that was left is now gone. Seems no matter how astute the pro guys are, the antis always seem to get the most out out these uphevals.

Additional comments....the second most important rule is to treat other folks as we would like to be treated........we simply cant do this..........far too much selfishness/avarice whatever in the human phyc..........then the admonition that every man is right in his own mind. I am sure there is an elaboration for this one.

PJH

The firing pin looks like a G43 pin except for the collar on it.

Quote Originally Posted by heckinohio View Post
    Couple more comments....as usual I didnt research anything & am not going to, someone here will correct me....as far as I can figure the first successful assault on the second amendment was GCA 1934....I know little about the political atmosphere that went with it.
    Two words for ya':

"Alphonse"

"Capone"