Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Had a little work done on my hand

Had a little work done on my hand

It's been a little over six weeks since I had my right, AKA my dominant hand worked on and therapy or pain and torture as I call it has been going well. So today I spoke with my Dr. who is a shooter and asked. hey doc how long till you think I could start shooting a little? She said she saw no reason why I couldn't shoot some. She was quick to remind me that when I was young I didn't start out shooting a 44 mag and if I wanted to shoot, start back with 22's and low recoil types. I was very pleased and went by my local gun store to see if the 22 I had, had my eye on was still there. It was, all the planets and stars lined up and I brought it home today. I can't get picks right now, the sunshine state is getting some liquid sunshine, but as soon as I can I'll get pics up. A little hint, it's German.
    For those who fought for it, freedom holds a flavor the protected will never know. Those who hammer their guns into plows-will plow for those who do not. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by 7.62guy View Post
    A little hint, it's German.
    You FOUND an Erma Werke 652?! SCHWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET...

GLAD your hand is doing better. That would actually SCARE me - to be in MY 'hood with a less than 100% gun hand for 6 weeks! GOOD to know the golden horde didn't carry you away in the interim!
    We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other. - John Adams, 2nd U.S. President -

You FOUND an Erma Werke 652?! SCHWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET...
    No, I'm sorry but I did not. Thanks for the kind words towards the hand. The hood around here is not so bad, but even with that there was something around that I couldn't miss a target with my south paw. Next hint, it was made in Ulm West- Germany.
    For those who fought for it, freedom holds a flavor the protected will never know. Those who hammer their guns into plows-will plow for those who do not. Thomas Jefferson

Good to hear you are healing up and start shooting again. No guess on .22 so will wait on picture (LOL)
    Occam's razor, the simplest explanation will be the most plausible

What did you get done to your hand?

I've had surgery on both hands for dupitrens contracture and need to get a release on my left pinky next.

Quote Originally Posted by holescreek View Post
    What did you get done to your hand?

I've had surgery on both hands for dupitrens contracture and need to get a release on my left pinky next.
    You got it or had it as the case my be. Ring finger and pinky on right hand, both were drawn into the palm. That paw was an ugly thing to see when the doctor was done.

I had a needle aponeuonomy (spelled bad) performed by a local surgeon who trained in France. 15 minutes per hand and back to work the next day. No scars or pain. Little finger on the left hand is bent pretty good now and right thumb won't stretch out anymore. It's been several years since the needle job and lt looks like it's staying gone.

Senior Veteran
    Walther PPK/S maybe?

Hope your hand gets to feeling and working better.
    14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

Senior Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by scottz63 View Post
    Walther PPK/S maybe?

Hope your hand gets to feeling and working better.
    Scott beat me to the Walther guess. Glad to hear your on the mend. Looking forward to the review and range report.

Quote Originally Posted by holescreek View Post
    I had a needle aponeuonomy (spelled bad) performed by a local surgeon who trained in France. 15 minutes per hand and back to work the next day. No scars or pain. Little finger on the left hand is bent pretty good now and right thumb won't stretch out anymore. It's been several years since the needle job and lt looks like it's staying gone.
    OK, so I looked up the spelling for all this, I had Dupuytren's Contracture in both hands. The procedure I had done on the right hand is not a surgery, but an injection of a drug called XIAFLEX into the chords that have contracted and drawn the fingers up. It is left in to soften the chords for about forty eight hours. I returned to the Dr. so she could stretch those fingers and break the chords to make them straight again. In bad cases like mine there is not enough skin on the drawn up fingers to go around so the flesh on the lower part of the fingers rips wide open and you get a good look at the internal working parts of your fingers. Those healed up in about two weeks after much pain and exercise. Well that's what happened in a nut shell. Therapy will continue for several more weeks but it is getting better every day so thanks all, for the most part I'm doing good. If this hand is the success I think it will be I am going to have the left hand done next year before it gets in bad shape.
    As for the 22. I'll go ahead and tell that it is an Anschutz but not a rifle. The sun is trying to come out and I'm charging the battery in the camera. Hope to get pics up today.
    Last edited by 7.62guy; 08-25-2019 at 12:49 PM.