Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dorian

Dorian

Checking in with our Fl. and southeast coast members. All is well here in central Fl. It looks like we will get a couple days of rain and some winds. Nothing too severe. I know things are not as good on the east coast. You folks let us know how things are going where you are. It looks like things could be bad for south and north Carolina. Our hopes and prayers go out to all affected by this storm.
    For those who fought for it, freedom holds a flavor the protected will never know. Those who hammer their guns into plows-will plow for those who do not. Thomas Jefferson

Following the example of Wal-Mart, and demtards everywhere, GA, SC, NC, and VA have put up the following signs. ALL is well now.

We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other. - John Adams, 2nd U.S. President -

Veteran

Sitting here in Jacksonville. Dorian is starting to knock on the door. Looks like rain and wind today, but nothing major. Roger.
    Navy Chief (Retired)

Senior Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Davis View Post
    Sitting here in Jacksonville. Dorian is starting to knock on the door. Looks like rain and wind today, but nothing major. Roger.
    Good to hear.
    14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

hope all goes wells for ya

I ended up being south of Virginia Beach with the storm came through early Friday morning. We had very high winds and rain blowing sideways. The power went out, house shook, limbs snapped screens were stripped from the porch. At one point the sky turned green with flying pine needles and leaves. I went out around 10:30 to check on my truck and found a large gray stilt leg gooney bird sitting under the rear wheel. It started easing off around noon and by 1:00 you could go outside Not much damage just a few shingles, trim blown off and some downed trees . Even then I needed to wear my construction eye protection due to sand blasting off the beach. The sea looked like whipped cream or white froth.
    IMG_1116 (480x640).jpg
    Last edited by Norton; 09-08-2019 at 11:12 AM.
    We thought about it for a long time, "Endeavor to persevere." And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union

It's good to hear you are safe and didn't suffer too much damage.
    For those who fought for it, freedom holds a flavor the protected will never know. Those who hammer their guns into plows-will plow for those who do not. Thomas Jefferson

Little off topic, but why not since we were talking about the coast
    Earlier in the week I was out in the Back bay and was able to have some piece and quiet. saw some nice wildlife and some spectacular skies. I was out in the large bay at dusk with a green head lamp and something rammed the side my boat hard. I don't know if it was a large catfish or a ray as the water is mixed salt and fresh

In the tight area
    IMG_1035 (640x480).jpg
    Water snake and they were plentiful
    IMG_1016 (480x640).jpg
    Nice section here plenty of fish jumping
    IMG_1019 (640x480).jpg
    Sky was beautiful
    IMG_1024 (480x640).jpg
    Larger area where my boat was struck on the side
    IMG_1021 (640x480).jpg
    Last edited by Norton; 09-08-2019 at 11:11 AM.
    We thought about it for a long time, "Endeavor to persevere." And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union

Norton, glad the damage was not too bad for you. Nice to see some pictures of you out and about on the water again. Always enjoy them.
    Occam's razor, the simplest explanation will be the most plausible

Not a big snake guy, even less so when they can come in the water. Looks like you enjoyed yourself.
    Czar of all the Michigans
    In memory of Johnhttp://act.alz.org/goto/Weasel