Thread: Century c308 help!

New Recruit Private

Century c308 help!

When you let go of my charging handle it gets stuck forward and if you hold it against the counter and get it to pull back about 1/2 inch it goes the rest of the way smoothly, it's like it is catching on something? Anyone else have this problem?

welcome

and no I don't have issue, I lock the bolt back then I use the palm of my hand to slap the charging handle down, ("HK slap") and let the bolt fly forward. try that

I think you might be "babying" it, by pulling the charging handle back and letting it go, that's not the way to do it. lock the bolt back then slap the handle down, you're not going to hurt it by doing the "HK slap" on it

Last edited by Ghoulardi; 09-09-2019 at 06:56 PM.
    STAY SICK! AND TURN BLUE OVA-DEY!

New Recruit Private
    When I let it slam forward that is when the charging handle gets stuck

don't know what to tell you, other then contact CENTURY to return the rifle back for warranty work
    STAY SICK! AND TURN BLUE OVA-DEY!

Quote Originally Posted by Trappingk9 View Post
    When I let it slam forward that is when the charging handle gets stuck
    That AIN'T right! What Ghoulardi said.
    We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other. - John Adams, 2nd U.S. President -

When you let go of my charging handle it gets stuck forward and if you hold it against the counter and get it to pull back about 1/2 inch it goes the rest of the way smoothly, it's like it is catching on something? Anyone else have this problem?
    Are you saying the cocking handle gets stuck in the folded position and you have to pry it away from the CT or does it fold out relatively easy but extra force is required to initially start the carrier moving rearward. What are your bolt and cocking tube gaps? Has the rifle been properly cleaned and lubed?

I read this last night and really didn't understand what was being said. This morning, after some rest and seeing what others have said it seems that when you load a magazine and slap the charging handle to chamber a round the bolt moves forward then gets hung up on something that jams the carrier. If you can move the charging handle rearward 1/2" it will then move forward again freely.

In order to determine the problem more info is needed. It's like playing 20 questions figuring this stuff out without the rifle in my hands.

1) Does the carrier release when the magazine is removed?
    1A) Does it matter if the magazine is loaded?
    1B) If loaded, what does the cartrdige look like after a jam?
    2)Does this happen when there is no magazine in the rifle?
    3)Does the charging handle move freely forward-rearward inside the cocking tube?
    4)Does the carrier slide freely through the receiver with the stock and lower removed? (insert the carrier then tilt the barrel downward. The carrier should lock into the trunnion by it's own weight).

Remove the lower (FCG) from the rifle and put the stock back on then pull back on the charging handle, lock it in place and slap it down to send the bolt home under spring pressure.
    5)Does it happen with the FCG removed?
    Last edited by holescreek; 09-10-2019 at 09:41 AM.