Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A new 1919 is born

the linking machine I bought, nearly 20 years ago, was made by OHIO ORDNANCE WORKS. it featured a 20 round bed, which at the time was the only manufacturer of linking machine to have that, others were 10 round bed.

it also featured a full solid metal link support, which support the entire circumference link when pushing the rounds in the link, which I like that feature a lot. others only had a pin support, that supported the gaps between the link. which is not a biggie I guess, it's a cheaper way to manufacturer them and it will still work. but if you drop it and it lands on it face, it'll break and bend the pins. so now you have to fix it

Last edited by Ghoulardi; 09-18-2019 at 09:29 PM.
    STAY SICK! AND TURN BLUE OVA-DEY!

Senior Veteran
    That is a cool linking machine.
    14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

I found this one for sale: https://shop.ironcreationsllc.com/pr...&categoryId=61

However, on some other forums I found a link to a homemade one, which is a dead link but saved on the internet archive: https://web.archive.org/web/20181231...com/Linker.htm

I may go the home-made route.

Senior Veteran
    Wow, that's an expensive guy!
    14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

Quote Originally Posted by moya034 View Post
    I found this one for sale: https://shop.ironcreationsllc.com/pr...&categoryId=61

However, on some other forums I found a link to a homemade one, which is a dead link but saved on the internet archive: https://web.archive.org/web/20181231...com/Linker.htm

I may go the home-made route.
    You will definitely need one, I blistered my fingers trying to load by hand. Had to give up. Got one similar to the one in picture and it works great.
    Occam's razor, the simplest explanation will be the most plausible

Quote Originally Posted by scottz63 View Post
    Wow, that's an expensive guy!

everything that is M1919 is expensive. when I bought my RAPID FIRE 1919, the OOW linker and 2,000 .308 links, it was less than what a M1919 kit goes for now.
    STAY SICK! AND TURN BLUE OVA-DEY!

I've been eyeing these up for quite some time, especially since 2013, but the finances weren't really in my favor until now. Recent events and rhetoric lit a fire under my ass. In that time alone, the price of the parts kit alone has outpaced the un-realized gains of my gold and silver collection. Sarco only has 2 kits left in .308... Once they sell out I expect the price of completed 1919's and uncompleted kits in people's basements to go up a good bit more within a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    You will definitely need one, I blistered my fingers trying to load by hand. Had to give up. Got one similar to the one in picture and it works great.
    I'm sure proud you like it.
    For those who fought for it, freedom holds a flavor the protected will never know. Those who hammer their guns into plows-will plow for those who do not. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by moya034 View Post
    Got an original canvas cover. Being original and in who knows what warehouses for so long it is a little on the funky side. What is the best way to clean it? Take it to the dry cleaner?
    Took it to the dry cleaner and they refused to touch it. letting it sit outside today in the sun helped a good bit. I'm thinking I'll hit it with a vacuum cleaner, put some everclear in a spray bottle and go at it with a soft brush, and keep letting it air out.

The elevation mechanism looks nice. It's sealed in the bag with plenty of packing grease, so I'll take a closer look at a later time.

elev.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulardi View Post
    everything that is M1919 is expensive. when I bought my RAPID FIRE 1919, the OOW linker and 2,000 .308 links, it was less than what a M1919 kit goes for now.
    LOL, had someone recently ask me was it expensive to shoot - said not not really - a 200 rd belt was only around $100.00 and could shoot one up in 30 seconds.
    Got little over 1,000 belted rounds for mine in storage, around $500.00 for the ammo or more.
    Occam's razor, the simplest explanation will be the most plausible