Thread: Have 2 Range reports, last weeks first....

Have 2 Range reports, last weeks first....

Breezy here Saturday after nite time storm. Fence wind damage was 15min. repair.....

Weds. guns selection. AR, Rossi .22, 1928 Thompson, Underwood carbine, Stemple 76. On Weds., I had to fight wasps in the target supply pile. Sat. same guns, but I lost time killing bees.......so we played w/.22, Thompson & Stemple. Ground cover is good intentions, but many roll off the edge.

Note the new (as in not reloads) Blazer.......I had 15 boxes, in plastic holders/liners, shot 6, they all had speckles on the brass. I couldnt feel them. Stemple is pretty forgiving gun, I rolled them across an oily rag before putting them in the tedious to load drums. All ran perfectly...

Ashland Ky sheriff has a contract re-loader........I bought some .45 from him. Error. Loaded w/some kind of light colored flakes...a bit too feeble for Tommy gun use.

First two picts. show participants & casual target area.......3., is Donna casually emptying slowly loaded drums......4., good intentions ground cover, however, most roll off.......5., new Blazer, 6 boxes, all had many speckles on the brass, rolled them across oily rag before loading into the drums.

PJH
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Veteran
    That looks like too much fun! Is that your land? If so, I'm jealous.

Looks like a fun way to pass time and blow off a few hundred rounds. Thanks for the pics.
    For those who fought for it, freedom holds a flavor the protected will never know. Those who hammer their guns into plows-will plow for those who do not. Thomas Jefferson

YEP that is PJ's "range" area... think that is 2-300yds to that dirt spot.

Glad to see Donna out doing some shooting. (for those of you who havent met her, she is a wonderful lady, very supportive of the hobby.)

heres a pic of running one of PJ's mg42's there a few years back.

Pictures1596.jpg
    say what you mean & mean what you say!
    TEC Tactical=SOT/07 i work there.

I have three 5 gallon buckets full of .45 ACP brass. Seeing pictures like this gives credence to that thought in the back of my mind that a tommy gun would be a great way to use some of that brass up... a project for another time.

Great shooting area, and I love the tarp for brass collection.

We have 100 acres in SE Ohio,much of it lays like what you see....off to SDKs right, is a down the hill pond at 110yds,.......floating blocks are really good targets. SDK may be bragging a bit, the target area distance is about 200 FEET...????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Credit where due, he is lying straight behind the gun. I have known it to push big guys back & sideways when they insisted on lying at what they feel is appropriate shooting angle. I wasnt aware of this photo......probably lots of others too.

Heres Donna facing a MG 34 event rain out before her turn........Donna & PJ at an organized event.......Both MG 42s in action at the same time.

PJH
    Attached Images Attached Images

Much fun, enjoyed the post and pictures!!
    Occam's razor, the simplest explanation will be the most plausible

Quote Originally Posted by heckinohio View Post
    We have 100 acres in SE Ohio,much of it lays like what you see....off to SDKs right, is a down the hill pond at 110yds,.......floating blocks are really good targets. SDK may be bragging a bit, the target area distance is about 200 FEET...????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Credit where due, he is lying straight behind the gun. I have known it to push big guys back & sideways when they insisted on lying at what they feel is appropriate shooting angle. I wasnt aware of this photo......probably lots of others too.

Heres Donna facing a MG 34 event rain out before her turn........Donna & PJ at an organized event.......Both MG 42s in action at the same time.

PJH

LOL 200ft?!? put that one on me... i typed it. it felt like a longer shot.

YES: had a good instructor. lying straight behind the gun & holding it EXACTLY as PJ taught me, inline with the gun, left hand on the bottom of stock in the notch & on my toes, using my calves to handle the recoil. this made the gun very easy to shoot. (i STILL use that same technique on my own 42/53's & any other prone shooting)

PJ took the pictures that day, but he was pretty busy with Rory, me & a couple other people that he graciously let play with his toys. IF you look closely you can see the brass in the air in that shot & this one.

the tarp made it easy to clean up, but it has ZERO effect on that brass sticking to your arm. 8mm Mauser is some hot stuff & it melts right into the skin.

sk MG 42.jpgPictures1593.jpg
    Last edited by sdk1968; 09-18-2019 at 06:55 AM.
    say what you mean & mean what you say!
    TEC Tactical=SOT/07 i work there.