Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: guess im gonna build another one. :-)

guess im gonna build another one. :-)

found a hidden cetme kit out in the shop yesterday... ugly black plastic US furniture, US barrel, US brake, ORF flat & even a US poly mag in there with it. THINK had set this up to sell as an all US kit & just never did.

a tad bit rusty on the flat thats with it. gonna buff it lightly with a scotch brite pad to get the rust off & then since its here... may as well go ahead & build it.

will bench bend this one as dont have a jig here, but do have a rod & bolts & if it doesnt wanna go? got a piece of unistrut so that it will anyway.

what else is there to do with these at this point? dont "need" it & sure dont need another safe sitter.

but i build because i like to, so looks like this will be a rainy Sunday project... & it is raining.

rainy cool day in the shop. it could be worse.
    say what you mean & mean what you say!
    TEC Tactical=SOT/07 i work there.

Quote Originally Posted by sdk1968 View Post
    found a hidden cetme kit out in the shop yesterday... ugly black plastic US furniture, US barrel, US brake, ORF flat & even a US poly mag in there with it. THINK had set this up to sell as an all US kit & just never did.

a tad bit rusty on the flat thats with it. gonna buff it lightly with a scotch brite pad to get the rust off & then since its here... may as well go ahead & build it.

will bench bend this one as dont have a jig here, but do have a rod & bolts & if it doesnt wanna go? got a piece of unistrut so that it will anyway.

what else is there to do with these at this point? dont "need" it & sure dont need another safe sitter.

but i build because i like to, so looks like this will be a rainy Sunday project... & it is raining.

rainy cool day in the shop. it could be worse.
    Cool, had not seen a lot of building in recent years, keep us posted.
    Occam's razor, the simplest explanation will be the most plausible

Senior Veteran
    Good luck with the build. I'd like to see how it all comes together.

I'm glad you found something to do for a rainy Sunday. You just doing a straight up Cetme build, or taking a different spin on it? Oh, BTW I'm thinking it's been awhile since we put one in the safe that we could truly say we "needed." But then that's never stopped me from doing it.
    For those who fought for it, freedom holds a flavor the protected will never know. Those who hammer their guns into plows-will plow for those who do not. Thomas Jefferson

Senior Veteran
    Awesome! I would like to see lots of pics of your progress on it please.
    14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

LOL lousy at taking pix... ask WeaselMaster or any of the guys here who know me.

got the bend, denial shelf, mag flipper, cocking tube, trunny & all the bulk work done. still need to trim up my tabs for the lower to fit up.

decided to go in take a shower, nap & chill out with the dog for a bit... trying to avoid getting "build fever" & working on it too long at a time.

sigh. fell asleep on the couch with the dog & when i woke up couldnt move my head to the left. yeah somehow in my sleep ive slipped a disc in my neck. cant turn my head to the left at all or up/down.

couldnt even get my own shirt off/on last nite or this morning, cant get my hands above my shoulders. makes an instant spasm that buckles the knees.

headed in this morning to get it looked at. hoping a little chiro adjustment will take care of it. this is gonna be fun right before knob creek. ah the joys of getting old.

Senior Veteran
    Dang! I hope they get it straightened out for you.

Yes, getting old does suck. New pains everyday.
    14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

Sorry to hear the bad news. I hope the old bone cruncher can work it out for you.
    For those who fought for it, freedom holds a flavor the protected will never know. Those who hammer their guns into plows-will plow for those who do not. Thomas Jefferson

^^ good news is its nothing really serious just pinched a nerve.

got some x rays before he would work on it & then after seeing it was just the usual out of line with a little extra, got it adjusted. gonna run by again tonite for some stem & then again tomorrow to hopefully get it to loosen up enough to move the rest of the way back. (if DABCI/Chiroone sees this post: its out side to side & with rotation to the front.)

its pouring the rain here again today, so dont have to climb in any pipe racks or do anything besides office work today. yay for me! could have been much worse.

will try to get back to tinkering on this out in the shop a little this evening. would like to get the lower fit up & so on.

i always do Nitegunners SA conversion on the pack & will see if can get to that too. wife has to work an evening shift Tues, so that should leave me the rest of the evening then to get it test fired & painted up with some black chalkboard coating on this one. it holds up pretty good & is VERY easy to touch up or redo if it gets any places in it.

that will have it ready to video this weekend when Pryotex is in.

Careful. Cetme's get like cockroaches if you don't keep a handle on things.... They're just as bad as AK's used to be.... Downright overrun the place.
    Joe
    COG#1453