Thread: CETME lug attachment

New Recruit Private

CETME lug attachment

As I was removing my stock and had me CETME C308 rifle inverted, by bayonet lug and a tiny threaded screw dropped off. I can't find any other parts that came loose and fell. After researching it, it looks like the lug attaches the to a cleaning tube that I've never had. Now I'm wondering of the little threaded screw that fell off too is what attaches the lug to the cleaning tube?

My lug was attached pretty well because I had my bayonet on it earlier. Now I'm just trying to reattach my lug and can't figure it out. The threaded screw doesn't appear to be long enough to attach the lug back to the gun, plus the lug doesn't appear to be threaded to even accept the screw. I feel like I'm missing a piece or two.

Any help, with pics would be great. Thanks for any help someone can provide.

Veteran
    You are correct about the lug attaching to the cleaning kit tube. It’s done by two spring loaded pins. The small threaded screw is probably the one that holds in the front sight post. If you look at the sight tower from the business end you should see a threaded hole between the top and middle loop of the sight tower. See if the screw fits in there. C3E77F66-D97C-4D53-8E6F-3441501ABEB3.jpg

New Recruit Private
    Thanks for the response mpddoug162, but I think the screw you're referring to that is for the front sight is there (pic attached). I went ahead and put the lug back in with the screw where I think it goes, along with the other side that looks like it's missing something.

I reviewed a CETME manual and it refers to pressing in a little spring loaded pin to turn the lug, then pressing it in again once it's rotated around to the other side and pulling the lug/cleaning tube out. This screw is throwing me off, and am now wondering if its a modification made by the importer.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Veteran
    A36A7C9E-A861-41DE-BE9B-EFDD66E72243.jpgThese are the parts you need. If the Phillips head screw is the one that fell out when you inverted the rifle that’s definitely not how the lug is held in place. Check the various cetme parts suppliers for the correct pins and spring for the lug and cleaning tube you’ll be a lot happier with the proper set up.
    Last edited by mpddoug162; 10-06-2019 at 12:00 PM.

New Recruit Private
    Quote Originally Posted by mpddoug162 View Post
    A36A7C9E-A861-41DE-BE9B-EFDD66E72243.jpgThese are the parts you need. If the Phillips head screw is the one that fell out when you inverted the rifle that’s definitely not how the lug is held in place. Check the various cetme parts suppliers for the correct pins and spring for the lug and cleaning tube you’ll be a lot happier with the proper set up.
    That's what I was needing to know. Thanks a ton!