Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eagles....

Eagles....

anyone here know of a good place (price)... to buy Silver Eagles silver coins most places found want 2 times as much as the "normal" price....

no really looking for old coins...looking for dates of 1970 to current date 2019
    "Listen With Your Eyes"
    Wit, Grit, Courage and Determination

US Mint lists authorized dealers in each state: https://catalog.usmint.gov/bullion-d...rth%20Carolina

For Internet APMEX has pretty good prices. https://www.apmex.com

I have bought from JM Bullion, mostly older 90% Peace and Morgan Silver Dollars and some gold coins. They have a good selection and I had no issues ordering from them. They do
    not charge for shipping. Some pretty good deals on their weekly sales.

Put cursor on "silver" and it will pop up various categories

https://www.jmbullion.com/silver/sil...peace-dollars/
    Occam's razor, the simplest explanation will be the most plausible

Ye Olde Local Coin Shoppe.

I found a good local shop here in Pittsburgh in '06, and have been working with them ever since. Get to KNOW the folk there, and it'll pay off in the long run. I get better spot prices buying & selling, because they know me, and I've done a lotta business with them.
    We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other. - John Adams, 2nd U.S. President -

Silver is actually starting to look attractive right now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjTzfC6TpQI

Senior Veteran
    There is a company that advertises in the NRA magazine every month. Their prices look pretty good but personally have not done anything with them

Here in Vegas I can dicker a little bit at the "We Buy Gold And Silver!" places. Silver eagle coins generally have a $3 to $5 premium over spot. Silver 'rounds" have a lower premium. I prefer well known coins from world mints over rounds, and really like the eagles. Depending on the date some eagles will cost more, as I'm sure you know if you are trying to collect a year set. I've bought from Apmex and JM Buullion without problems. Both have free shipping if you spend $99 or more. Sometimes other coin/bullion e-stores will have better prices with free or low cost shipping. Ebay is half counterfeit on bullion stuff but there are large coin companies on it too. Good luck, the search is part of the fun - at least for me.
    RRRROOOWWWRRR PHHT PHHT I AM THE FORCE!

I found a "local" coin shop and i'm buyng Eagles for $20 ea....hoping to continue at that price....2017s and 2018s
    "Listen With Your Eyes"
    Wit, Grit, Courage and Determination

New Recruit Private
    I have been slowly adding silver to my portfolio as well, and have had good luck with a local jeweler and coin shop. But, when they dont have what I want, I have been using Kitco or Apmex (two more reputable online dealers).

If you have an honest local guy, you can usually get the best deal if they keep the premiums (their profit) low when buying and selling. If not, the shipping+premiums from an online dealer might be cheaper.

New Recruit Private
    Additionally: I you want more silver than you physically want to store, there are ETF's (electronically traded funds) that allow you to buy commodities just as you would by stocks.

There are many to choose from, but I use SLV for silver and PALL for palladium.