Thread: trigger work question

New Recruit

trigger work question

I have a C308 that I wanted to improve the trigger and I'm in the process of getting a semi HK trigger pack to replace ithe CETME style pack and wanted to get info on how to do my own trigger work and I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Everything I find is just to send it off. I want to do it myself. Please help. is there a procedure on here? I can't find it

Veteran
    Try searching on the hkpro site for HK 91 trigger.

Good luck finding any tips. I've never seen anything in writing for several reasons. The people that do it for money don't want to give away secrets. Individuals that do their own don't want to risk the wrath of the internet nanny's for giving information that could be potentially dangerous if done incorrectly.

I learned how to tune my own by looking at what Bill Springfield did to an HK pack, then did my own without the horribly welded part. I use a setscew for take-up adjustment in my HK packs, it's shown in my tutorial.

New Recruit
    nope! so far all I can find is "ship it out!!!" Am I the only do it yourselfer?

New Recruit
    thanks

New Recruit
    could you please send me a link to that tutorial? thanks

New Recruit
    found it thanks

Nope, I do everything for myself. But I learned a long time ago that in the internet - gun world that reputation is fragile. It's sometimes best to not post at all rather than make a post that can turn controversial. The skill set of the average forum member can range from "rocket surgeon" to "dangerous with q-tips". When you tell someone to alter a sear it's impossible to know where they fall in the range. Bill Springfields trigger work is very crude and his welds are terrible. However, he gets results and his customers are mostly happy. He's probably also carrying a large liability insurance policy on his business. If you read my "C308, the good, the bad, and the ugly" thread you will see some of Bills Cetme trigger work.

I've trusted William's Trigger Specialties for all my HK/CETME/PTR work for years. Yes, I know you DON'T want to hear that, but I also want YOU to hear - "buy once, cry once." I can build my own AR lowers. Only took 20 years of AR ownership, BEFORE I trusted myself to do it, but I also know how I WOULD'VE screwed it up, had I tried it earlier. But HK/CETME triggers? I'll trust THE expert, before I trust myself on those.
    We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other. - John Adams, 2nd U.S. President -

Senior Veteran
    Nice thing too is you can load up US made parts in the FCG, four just there if anyone worries about that anymore on non-home builds. I still have a couple home builds in the works so I'm collecting parts now and then.

RTG has excellent US made triggers, sears, and hammers for the Hk pack, made by one of our locals on this forum - quality parts with proper heat treating. I know this isn't quite in line with the subject, just putting in a plug for good products.