Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MarColMar CETME LC (Carbine) In Detail

Thank you for your kind words sir!

I have not shot the LC but MCM says the recoil is noticeably different because of the shorter recoil spring. I know that Mr. Bane frequents this forum so maybe he'll chime in on that if he sees this.

When aiming, he stock is much more comfortable than that used on the HK93, mostly due I think to the far more ergonomic butt plate. And while I haven't shot it, I can't imagine it being at all painful simply because we're talking 5.56.

The barrel is threaded in the original M12 x 1 RH. That means no suppressor without an adapter. I'm not a suppressor guy so I don't know if such a thing is available but I'm guessing it can't be hard to do.

New Recruit Private
    Thanks for the quick reply Combloc!
    I'll have to track down an LC and compare it to the L that I'll be shooting this week.
    I'm thinking a suppressor and a heavier recoil spring might tame the recoil of an SBR'd LC a bit all while still being a nice compact setup.
    I run Gemtech suppressors on my rifles but unfortunately it doesn't look like they make a 12x1mm RH bilock quickmount. I'll have to see if they or GSL Technology can make me one.
    Gemtech does however make a 13x1mm RH for the Galil and it does a great job quieting down my 392 ARM.

TtYsFAZ.jpg

Eagerly looking forward to your next installment of "As The CETME Turns".

Senior Veteran
    Hey all...

Fantastic job ComBloc on the LC!

On the firing, yes the LC has a different recoil feel and impulse... its not bad, just different. I agree with ComBloc, its MUCH more comfortable to shoot the CETME L vs. the HK33 with either the collapsible OR fixed buttstock. Both IMHO also have far less barrel rise, especially in full auto. I believe the bolt carrier is smaller and lighter... although I haven't weighed them.

And yes, we needed to mark the receiver as a CETME L, another question that was brought up in the analysis.

Dave Bane
    Owner
    MarColMar Firearms LLC

Veteran
    I don't normally interfere with these threads but I'd like to point out that suppressors on the roller locks aren't a good idea. With the HK types you can find locking pieces to reduce the bolt velocity that the boost from the suppressor will add but for the Cetme rifles there is nothing available like that yet. At some point in the future alternate locking pieces may be available but not now. Don't run suppressors on the rifles, it causes them to beat themselves and can result in damage to the rifle.

Frank

I'd like to point out that Frank was part of the design team that brought these rifles to market. If he says a suppressor is a no-no, I'd listen to him.

New Recruit Private
    Quote Originally Posted by biffj View Post
    I don't normally interfere with these threads but I'd like to point out that suppressors on the roller locks aren't a good idea. With the HK types you can find locking pieces to reduce the bolt velocity that the boost from the suppressor will add but for the Cetme rifles there is nothing available like that yet. At some point in the future alternate locking pieces may be available but not now. Don't run suppressors on the rifles, it causes them to beat themselves and can result in damage to the rifle.

Frank

An excellent point that I completely overlooked...thank you Frank!
    Luckily lack of "suppressability" is not a deal breaker for me.

Senior Veteran
    Another awesome write-up Combloc!!! Keep them coming!
    14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

New Recruit Private
    Quote Originally Posted by MarColMar Firearms View Post
    Hey all...

Fantastic job ComBloc on the LC!

On the firing, yes the LC has a different recoil feel and impulse... its not bad, just different. I agree with ComBloc, its MUCH more comfortable to shoot the CETME L vs. the HK33 with either the collapsible OR fixed buttstock. Both IMHO also have far less barrel rise, especially in full auto. I believe the bolt carrier is smaller and lighter... although I haven't weighed them.

And yes, we needed to mark the receiver as a CETME L, another question that was brought up in the analysis.

Dave Bane
    Owner
    MarColMar Firearms LLC
    Hello, With what serial number do your Gen 2 CETME Ls start? I have a mid 1300s serial number and thought it was Gen2, but it does not have the bolt carrier cut outs pictured above. Thanks!

Senior Veteran
    That would be a late gen 1, last run... we'd be happy to do the cuts for you if you like... just pay shipping in and out...

New Recruit Private
    Quote Originally Posted by MarColMar Firearms View Post
    That would be a late gen 1, last run... we'd be happy to do the cuts for you if you like... just pay shipping in and out...
    Thanks for the offer but I think no need. The rifle performs perfectly as is!

Which green paint do I have? Thanks again!
    Last edited by tsmgguy; 12-03-2019 at 03:17 PM.