Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Coronavirus

Senior Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Has Been View Post
    Processing your own meats is time consuming but its much cheaper than farming it out. I like deer sausage and
    In these parts having a whole deer made into sausage by a licensed processor will set you back $100-&150 depending on the type, For summer sausage, bologna or snack sticks double that price.
    I do my own processing and it costs less than $30 for me to render a whole deer into jalapeno/cheddar sausage, seasoning/ingredients, fat, casings and vaccum bags included. Takes about 4 hours from the time I start boning it out till its finished and the equipment is all cleaned up.
    I also do cube steak, burger and stew meat.
    With the high prices and sporadic availability of store bought meats right now that 17 cubic foot freezer full of deer, wild pig, wood ducks, quail, turkeys rabbits, squirrel, fish and other tasty critters out in my shed is worth its weight in gold about now.
    It takes some practice, but the guy I use has been dong it all his life and he can do a full sized cow in under 20 minutes easy. His son isn't quite as fast, but the kid will get there. I quit messing with sausage. Too time consuming and nobody here would eat it but me. I've got a big home built table that I'm seriously thinking of covering in sheet stainless to do processing, we've stained some folding tables pretty badly and I'm not that confident we're getting them really really clean before we use them.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkane View Post
    It takes some practice, but the guy I use has been dong it all his life and he can do a full sized cow in under 20 minutes easy. His son isn't quite as fast, but the kid will get there. I quit messing with sausage. Too time consuming and nobody here would eat it but me. I've got a big home built table that I'm seriously thinking of covering in sheet stainless to do processing, we've stained some folding tables pretty badly and I'm not that confident we're getting them really really clean before we use them.
    What is it he can do what to a full size cow in 20 minutes? You lost me there.

Senior Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Has Been View Post
    What is it he can do what to a full size cow in 20 minutes? You lost me there.
    Butcher it out.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkane View Post
    Butcher it out.
    Roger that..