Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

Senior Veteran
    We just now went on lockdown in the city where I live. Of course I work at an essential workplace, so I have to still go to work. Just got done 6 days of 12 hour shifts and starting it over tomorrow.
    14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

Senior Veteran
    L.A. sheriff is doing the forced gun store shut down thng now.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/smal...cid=spartanntp
    14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

Senior Veteran
    As far as I could see today, most of the locals are ignoring the governor's dictates about non-essential businesses closing. The local mall was closed, but that was about it aside from government offices. The governor called it a "stay at home instruction" rather than order - kind wonder if she knew it wouldn't hold up to challenge in a state with so many rural county governments unimpressed with the city ideas coming out of Santa Fe.

Quote Originally Posted by scottz63 View Post
    L.A. sheriff is doing the forced gun store shut down thng now.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/smal...cid=spartanntp
    thats just plain weird. considering where i live. ct governor puts shops that sell guns and ammo on the essential list{not that you can find any, ammo's gone w/ the t/p} ...along with package stores.
    schools are still shut down until april 20th. my sons pissed because he just started trade school. now all he can do is virtual class, no hands on.

same here guys... the list of "essential" workplaces is sooooo long. its really not much thats closed besides schools, colleges & dine in.

car lots are open, parts stores open, hardware stores open.......all of our powerhouses, refinery's & chemical plants still have us on full crew. only a few retail stores are closed.

this should have really been classified more as: if you are vulnerable or compromised in the health department== stay home.

the 1 lady in our county who tested positive died yesterday. no new infections have shown up yet.
    say what you mean & mean what you say!
    TEC Tactical=SOT/07 i work there.

Went to my small town this morning - local grocery store well stocked, plenty of toilet paper, etc. Did have limits on it and packages of meat. The meat dept shelves were overflowing so that surprised me.
    Picked up new hand sprayer and weed/grass killer concentrate at COOP. Yea, already need to start spraying and mow grass soon. No gloves, masks, social distancing observed, everyone acting normal, BSing and joking
    around.

We have been joking that in a crisis all the college educated elites are considered non essential and sent home, meanwhile the folks that don't have fancy degrees, that make and keep things working are
    considered essential to keep society functioning and told to go to work (LOL).
    Occam's razor, the simplest explanation will be the most plausible

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    Went to my small town this morning - local grocery store well stocked, plenty of toilet paper, etc. Did have limits on it and packages of meat. The meat dept shelves were overflowing so that surprised me.
    Picked up new hand sprayer and weed/grass killer concentrate at COOP. Yea, already need to start spraying and mow grass soon. No gloves, masks, social distancing observed, everyone acting normal, BSing and joking
    around.

We have been joking that in a crisis all the college educated elites are considered non essential and sent home, meanwhile the folks that don't have fancy degrees, that make and keep things working are
    The backbone of America!!

Senior Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    around.

We were the same way until the first positive test in town. Things changed overnight,
    The answer to 1984 is 1776.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkane View Post
    We were the same way until the first positive test in town. Things changed overnight,
    We've had about 10-20 confirmed positive in my county

Quote Originally Posted by Arkane View Post
    I am aware of 3 cases in 2 county area up here. None I know of in communities outside the metro area. I can see people attitudes changing if it hits close to home.
    Occam's razor, the simplest explanation will be the most plausible