Thread: Some Good Fishing

Some Good Fishing

Been mild winter and fish in pond are in great shape, good variety as unusual. Been having fun with family members coming on down with young ones. Kids are
    never bored and us adults are busy helping them (LOL). My pup (Floki) loves the commotion too
    Occam's razor, the simplest explanation will be the most plausible

Senior Veteran
    Nice! Looks like Floki is ready and willing to help pull them in. Lol
    14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

66 here today, but the Ohio River is 35 degrees, and most ponds & lakes are about the same. Too cold still, to fish with anything other than dynamite.

Your kids look like they're having fun, though!
    We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other. - John Adams, 2nd U.S. President -

Veteran
    Good Fun there I bet.

Nebraska has Nebraska weather. But made it out to the River Sunday. It was 73 degrees. Caught 5 Walleye. Only two were legal, but should be tasty from the cold water. Today it snowed and was cold of course,LOL

Nephew and son out early today to beat the heat. Little guy caught 15+ fish, hybrid bream, channel cat, bass and a huge grass carp 15-20lbs, they finally cut loose. Really hot here, in drought situation, spot/heat showers here and there,
    but we have gotten none.

Really like those hybrid bream, they have done well in pond--
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gotta take the boys out again. Here were two of them, a few weeks ago - at a friend's farm pond (I have fishing privileges!)

We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other. - John Adams, 2nd U.S. President -

jealous. i spent the weekend out at lake faylor, which is about an hour+ drive for me. id love having a pond right in the back yard.

also..they did a lot better than i did. i have an excuse though, just started making my own lures, so ill just say it was an r&d trip, then i dont have to feel so bad about catching nothing bigger than 4", lol.

I have 3 grand nephews, plus a handicap nephew, that been insisting on coming down and fishing here about every week or so. I actually think my sisters are getting into it as much as the kids (LOL).
    Had one down Friday and I could only spend 10 minutes with him as I had something going on. In that ten minutes he caught a big catfish and 4 big hybrid bream. Literally getting hits as soon as
    bait hit the water. No telling how many fish he caught total. The other came out yesterday and I was able to spend more time with them. Catching fish after fish. not little ones either. The pond
    has been great for the kids never bored and again I think my sisters are getting into it as much as the kids.

BTW I have a video I like to attached, but don't know how. Scott been kind enough to attach some for me so I will see if I can get it to him.

Senior Veteran
    Video attached for Greg. Floki really likes fishing!

14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer