Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus: My tin foil theory.

Coronavirus: My tin foil theory.

CV “escapes” from a Chinese bioweapon lab at the very start of the presidential election year.
    CV is spread worldwide with unusual speed.
    Prior to the sudden appearance of CV, the American economy is booming.
    The booming economy if the number one reason that Trump is a shoe in for re-election.
    Who would China rather see as President, Trump or Biden?
    The fellow travelers in the media spread panic all out of proportion to the actual threat.
    The American economy starts to tank.
    China and their useful idiots in the media begin to blame the pandemic on Trump.
    Election day comes and Trump maybe not be such a shoe in anymore.

To paraphrase someone who knew better than most:

Nothing in politics is coincidence. If it happened, you can be sure it was planned that way. - FDR

Just something to think about.

Terry
    " And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time that his people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
    -- Thomas Jefferson, letter to Col. William S. Smith, 1787

Senior Veteran
    I ain't buying it. This is just SARS 2.0. I suppose I should say "just" - SARS is no trivial thing, but it isn't some new super virus. Difference this time is that the doctor who was sounding the alarm was in China instead of Vietnam, so the Chinese government squashed the word for a while and got 100k cases and counting for their efforts, rather than the 8,000 with SARS.

I hear the Chinese have their own version of that conspiracy theory, as they did with SARS - the only difference is that they think the virus came from a US lab....

I think its all going to blow over by June, and people with closets full of toilet paper won't have learned their lessons
    Got one of those idiots at work...

New Recruit Private
    Possible? Certainly.

Probable? Not highly.

As much as the US and China despise eachother openly and in public view, because respective governments need to keep the populations ideologically aligned, behind the scenes neither is really that interested in the other so long as there's no real meddling. We're so interdependent economically that a major disruption in one, as we've just seen, drastically affects the other. There would be much more cost-effective ways to accomplish the task if someone were so shortsighted as to be unable to see the current almost inevitable backlash.

I mean, there also remains the third-party theory, stating that the turmoil creates a weakened population base whose attentions are scattered due to threats, where such an event could be used as a springboard to launch draconian social control measures off of. Unlikely still, but I consider it less so.

I'll take that tinfoil hat off your hands now because I'm realizing that I just unintentionally made a vaguely illuminati-oriented implication.

Quote Originally Posted by specops56 View Post

CV “escapes” from a Chinese bioweapon lab at the very start of the presidential election year.
    CV is spread worldwide with unusual speed.
    Prior to the sudden appearance of CV, the American economy is booming.
    The booming economy if the number one reason that Trump is a shoe in for re-election.
    Who would China rather see as President, Trump or Biden?
    The fellow travelers in the media spread panic all out of proportion to the actual threat.
    The American economy starts to tank.
    China and their useful idiots in the media begin to blame the pandemic on Trump.
    Election day comes and Trump maybe not be such a shoe in anymore.

To paraphrase someone who knew better than most:

Nothing in politics is coincidence. If it happened, you can be sure it was planned that way. - FDR

Just something to think about.

Terry

I've been saying this for two months now - sounds spot-on to me.
    We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other. - John Adams, 2nd U.S. President -

Quote Originally Posted by The War Wagon View Post
    I've been saying this for two months now - sounds spot-on to me.

STAY SICK! AND TURN BLUE OVA-DEY!

Okay, how about this…. Tin foil theory #2:

Everything the government has told us and will tell us in the future about CV, is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, because the government has never and would never lie to us.
    Now go wash your hands.

Terry
    " And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time that his people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."

i double layer my tinfoil... :-)

and my hands have been washed so many times that i can see the bones.
    say what you mean & mean what you say!
    TEC Tactical=SOT/07 i work there.

The deadly 1918 Spanish flu is now believed to have started in a swine growing county in Kansas. Young men from the county inducted into military training camps spread the flu
    across the country to other soldiers and civilians. Soldiers going overseas spread it World Wide. Very rapid spread and that was over 100 years ago before planes and long distance travel
    was common. Even driving across country back then was near impossible due to road conditions and lack of roads.

Anyway, I trust nothing the Chinese say. Saying that, no matter how it started in China they would not have the people losses and huge economic hit just to harm the World economy.
    Being an exporting country they depend on the World economy being strong to sell their goods. The Communist dictatorship there is extremely sensitiveness to any criticism/blame
    for a poor handling of the crisis. That includes criticism of China itself as a country. That is why we have seen them try to spread the blame to to others, etc.

In short, with today's modern travel, with literally millions of people traveling for business and pleasure and millions of student visiting, studying and living in foreign countries it
    does not surprise me how fast it has spread. Just a few miles from me is both Walmart and Tyson World HQs. Walmart has it's own airport and jet fleet and Tyson has
    it jets at Regional Airport. The University of Arkansas main campus is just a few miles away. How many student spread out over the world on Christmas break and then
    came back here not realizing the virus was out of the bag.
    Occam's razor, the simplest explanation will be the most plausible

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    Anyway, I trust nothing the Chinese say. Saying that, no matter how it started in China they would not have the people losses and huge economic hit just to harm the World economy.
    Being an exporting country they depend on the World economy being strong to sell their goods. The Communist dictatorship there is extremely sensitiveness to any criticism/blame
    for a poor handling of the crisis. That includes criticism of China itself as a country. That is why we have seen them try to spread the blame to to others, etc.
    Their economy is in TERRIBLE shape (modern cities, with NOBODY living in them, JUST to give construction workers "something" to do, etc.), and they're still dependent on us for a LOTTA of their food. The loss of a few million Chinese, is just "good business sense" on THEIR part.

And I'll GUARAN-DAMN-TEE ya' that loyal PARTY members had an inoculation, before this bug "escaped" the lab.
    We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other. - John Adams, 2nd U.S. President -

Virus-hit Wuhan has two laboratories linked to Chinese bio-warfare program
    https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...linked-chines/

“The deadly animal virus epidemic spreading globally may have originated in a Wuhan laboratory linked to China’s covert biological weapons program, according to an Israeli biological warfare expert.
    Radio Free Asia this week rebroadcast a local Wuhan television report from 2015 showing China’s most advanced virus research laboratory known the Wuhan Institute of Virology, Radio Free Asia reported.
    The laboratory is the only declared site in China capable of working with deadly viruses.”

Terry