Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ammo shortage.

Senior Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jdowney View Post
    Worst I've ever seen on Thunderbolts is a few duds on the ground out of a big tub of them. Them guys at the range who spend 10 minutes lining up a shot and breathing just so don't think much of Thunderbolts, but I wouldn't kick them out if they are the last thing on the shelf. A round that goes bang most of the time is still better than an empty chamber.
    This is true.
    14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

Senior Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by sdk1968 View Post
    ^^^ LOL

J, you know that im not even a take second to shoot type of guy.

& even on my low budget scale that stuff is junk. literally had bullets fall out in the box/bucket from those, others that were loose in the neck & could spin. thats on top of all the misfires.

its low end ammo that i never want to bet on. we bought 25,000 rounds of it because we had so many people coming by trying out the Razors & then playing with the cans. ended up giving several thousand rounds of it away to visitors: "hey wanna take a sammy bag of this home with you for free? better yet, take this cute little bucket."

makes your gun look bad no matter how good it is when you are chasing it around from person to person clearing jams & making sure theres not a bullet in the pipe halfway down.

& man that stuff is DIRTY!

but for those of you that have good luck with it? AWESOME for you! there is literally tons of it available dirt cheap. You guys can have it & i'll stick with anything else. :-)

TODAY is gonna be a great day for shooting & all this talk of it means im gonna have to go make some sodas explode with the TEC Tac Econocans!

(shameless plug.. LOL bad sdk)
    Yeah, dirty it is.... good practice for the newbs who need to learn to clean their guns regularly

If there's nothing else around I'll shoot the stuff, but I wouldn't put it in my S&W 41 - too finicky a gun for anything but the CCI it likes. I'd sure run TB's in my 9422 though, or a ruger mkII if I still had one.

Funny thing, my wife was setting a live trap for packrats around here - the huge snap traps they had figured out and would trigger somehow then drag off. So she had a cat food can with bait in it, and they started dragging that out of the trap too. She wouldn't tie it down to the live trap trigger for some reason (my solution) and since I was out of town she didn't ask me what to weight it with (like small rocks!) instead just stole some of my good .22's

I should keep a bucket of Thunderbolts prominently displayed in the house for just that kind of impromptu use!

My Rugers wouldn't work for jack with thunderbolt. Got a couple of Remingtons that don't mind it at all, but they're ammo hogs and care nothing about quality.
    Joe
    COG#1453

Quote Originally Posted by jbruney View Post
    My Rugers wouldn't work for jack with thunderbolt.
    Which models? Works great in my Mk.III 22/45 bull barrel.
    We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other. - John Adams, 2nd U.S. President -

Nothing wrong with collecting foot stools.

Quote Originally Posted by The War Wagon View Post
    I put a pillowcase over my 40mm cans, and told the wife they were footstools.

Now she wants to know why I have 19 footstools in my office...
    Lifelong vegetarian...by proxy.

My latest ammo buying experience: Shop had more than a little, but not a lot of the .308 I prefer. I asked for five boxes. He says, well we have a limit of two boxes per caliber. I said, hmmm. He looks me in the eye and says, But the sign wasn't on the counter yet, I'll sell you five. He turns to the other two folk working the shop and they both say that'll work.
    Lifelong vegetarian...by proxy.

My old Mk II & old 10-22. Neither one functioned well with it, and about 1/4 of the rounds were duds. Don't get me wrong I quit buying the stuff because both were ammo sensitive until they were well broken in. That was the worst for them though. Winnie & Fed were better. Both liked CCI the best.
    Joe
    COG#1453