Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Ammo shortage.

Quote Originally Posted by sdk1968 View Post
    wow do you guys go out for lunch often?

LMAO
    I wish that all of us here could someday go out to lunch together. Now that would be entertainment!

Terry
    " And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time that his people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
    -- Thomas Jefferson, letter to Col. William S. Smith, 1787

Senior Veteran
    Looks like the Pennsylvania governor made a compromise, as reported here:
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cor...ial-businesses

Although NM is now explicitly saying gun shops must close (that is new since the initial stay home "instruction"), the local place is open today. Sheriff probably won't enforce the "instruction" in this case, but the staties will eventually. I think I'll go buy some 44 if he has it, got to support the businesses willing to take risks.

Quote Originally Posted by jdowney View Post
    Looks like the Pennsylvania governor made a compromise, as reported here:
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cor...ial-businesses
    May still be a moot point. NOT that I need ammo, but checking my local Rural King on a lark, I see they have ... NOTHING. At least no .45acp or .223/5.56!
    We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other. - John Adams, 2nd U.S. President -

if you want some of the Rem "thundercrap" 22lr's... most stores in my area still have those... its junk that most people wouldnt even fill a hole with.
    say what you mean & mean what you say!
    TEC Tactical=SOT/07 i work there.

Quote Originally Posted by sdk1968 View Post
    if you want some of the Rem "thundercrap" 22lr's... most stores in my area still have those... its junk that most people wouldnt even fill a hole with.
    works great in my semi-autos .22, and it hits what I'm aiming at
    STAY SICK! AND TURN BLUE OVA-DEY!

Thanks guys. You reminded me of why I come here . I have enough ammo..... Then again I don't have nearly as much as seen in the pics here.... Hmmmm. I guess I gotta get more.

Sent buncha rifles and ammo with my older son a while back, so I guess I could squeeze some stuff in again. Still pretty full up though, but you know it's like Jello...
    Joe
    COG#1453

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulardi View Post
    works great in my semi-autos .22, and it hits what I'm aiming at

True that.

Everybody sez, "Awww... Thunderbolt suck." Or mfgs. say, "DON'T use 'em."

My thought is, if my .22 can't HANDLE 'em... I need a BETTER .22!!!
    We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other. - John Adams, 2nd U.S. President -

Senior Veteran
    Worst I've ever seen on Thunderbolts is a few duds on the ground out of a big tub of them. Them guys at the range who spend 10 minutes lining up a shot and breathing just so don't think much of Thunderbolts, but I wouldn't kick them out if they are the last thing on the shelf. A round that goes bang most of the time is still better than an empty chamber.

^^^ LOL

J, you know that im not even a take second to shoot type of guy.

& even on my low budget scale that stuff is junk. literally had bullets fall out in the box/bucket from those, others that were loose in the neck & could spin. thats on top of all the misfires.

its low end ammo that i never want to bet on. we bought 25,000 rounds of it because we had so many people coming by trying out the Razors & then playing with the cans. ended up giving several thousand rounds of it away to visitors: "hey wanna take a sammy bag of this home with you for free? better yet, take this cute little bucket."

makes your gun look bad no matter how good it is when you are chasing it around from person to person clearing jams & making sure theres not a bullet in the pipe halfway down.

& man that stuff is DIRTY!

but for those of you that have good luck with it? AWESOME for you! there is literally tons of it available dirt cheap. You guys can have it & i'll stick with anything else. :-)

TODAY is gonna be a great day for shooting & all this talk of it means im gonna have to go make some sodas explode with the TEC Tac Econocans!

(shameless plug.. LOL bad sdk)
    say what you mean & mean what you say!
    TEC Tactical=SOT/07 i work there.