Thread: PPS 43C disconnector

New Recruit Private

PPS 43C disconnector

Hi Folks ... perhaps you can share your wisdom ... My PPS 43C refuses to fire two consecutive shots. Not until I hand cycle a round will the disconnector release the hammer so a trigger pull will fire a shot. Yes, it seats the second round fine .. just wonít release the hammer when I pull the trigger. Everything worked fine on my first outing so Iím perplexed. Not an ammo related issue .. have tried a S&B as well as Polish and Yugo surplus. Might you have any experience w this?

And perhaps on an unrelated issue .. my spent brass evidences quite a split down the case. Chamber must be too large ??

Post some pics of your trigger mechanisim.

New Recruit Private

welcom to the board, Doubles

yeah, there are cracks around the neck in polish surplus to begin with, as well as in Bulgarian surplus. whether that is from age of the brass or manufacturer defect, can't say, so having splits down the ejected case is no surprise to me, powder expands rapidly which cause those slight cracks to elongate. I use to shoot polish and Bulgarian but switched to fresher ammo Yugo, Romanian surplus, from the 70s, and commercial SB.
    STAY SICK! AND TURN BLUE OVA-DEY!

New Recruit Private
    NEVERMIND. I FOUND THE ISSUE. Seems the safety was only partially disengaged. When pushed all the way off the disconnector moved out of the way. ��

I will give you a good bit of advice, always make sure the hammer is down and locked before closing it. if not, you will break the hammer, and those hammers are impossible to find, they are unique and no other hammer will fit in the gun and IO/ royal tiger does not carry them any longer

speaking from experience
    STAY SICK! AND TURN BLUE OVA-DEY!