Thread: this is far the best speed loader in the world!

this is far the best speed loader in the world!

about 6 years I saw over on a HK gun board someone that had bought a commercial speed loader for their MP5, it was a copy of the Swedish K speed loader except it went over the MP5 mag and not the coffin Swedish K mag. unfortunately, they no longer produced them, so after looking at a picture of the speed loader on GUNPARTS website I said to myself, "I can modify that base to go over a MP5". so I bought it along with a bunch of the proprietary stripper clips and succeeded in make it fit over the MP mag.

here is where the best in the world comes in......... you can load 30 round in 15 seconds without having to stop and put another clip in, you just advance it to line up another 5 or 6 rounds and push the plunger plunger down.

Last edited by Ghoulardi; 07-18-2020 at 11:57 PM.
    STAY SICK! AND TURN BLUE OVA-DEY!

well, I was fiddle around with the clip to see what else it can hold, and found to my surprise that a 7.62x25mm easily slide in, but in order for it to slide into the loader I would have to cut the front guard out because the round are too long. so I ordered another one and some clips and modified the loader for the PPS mag ........loading a 35 round mag took 15 seconds.

f
    Last edited by Ghoulardi; 07-19-2020 at 12:00 AM.

fast forward to a couple weeks ago, I want to buy some more of those clips, because I have a 9mm PPS43 and wanted some more clips for it, but found no one has them like they use to ie. GUNPARTS, LIBERTYTREE. oh, they have the loader and it comes with one clip, but will not sell clips by themselves, bummer

then I read that that 9mm can go on 5.56mm stripper clips, so I went down to my basement and got some 9mm and a 5.56mm clip, and found it's true it's a little snug on the clip but nothing that would stop it from not sliding off the clip . then a idea came to me, if I bundle 5-5.56mm clips I can make my own Swedish K clip. BTW, x25 rounds also slide on the 5.56mm clips as well

so i made a wood jig:

got some J-B WELD cut a couple of strips of 28ga. sheet metal, straighten out the clips ( they all have a slight curved to them), filed off the bumps on the side of the clips, and proceed to make one as a test piece....................well, I succeed in make a copy of the Swedish k clip now I can make as many as I please, and with 5.56 clips so abundant there will be around for decades

so if any of guys have a MP5 or a PPS43 in x25mm or 9mm and want to make something during the shutdown, here is a good project for you to keep yourself occupied, loaders can be bought through GUNPARTS. COM or LIBERTYTREE.COM, 5.56mm stripper clips can be had everywhere

you will have to cut the front guard off the loader, the 5.56 clip is a bit thicker then the Swedish k clips so it will be a tad bit too long going into the loader
    Last edited by Ghoulardi; 07-19-2020 at 05:53 AM.

That is totally awesome.
    RRRROOOWWWRRR PHHT PHHT I AM THE FORCE!

Charlie Don't Surf

That is awesome! Those mags are pita to load too.
    In those moments where you're not quite sure if the undead are really dead, dead, don't get all stingy with your bullets.

Senior Veteran
    As someone with a mp5... I’m interested for sure. Now if I only had time to mess with...
    PLEASE NOTE!
    No post or message by this user shall be considered legal advice or a legal opinion, and shall not constitute the formation of a client/lawyer relationship. Do not rely on this information in making legal decisions. If you have a legal questions, please seek legal council qualified to practice law in the appropriate jurisdiction.

Quote Originally Posted by M1 Tanker View Post
    That is awesome! Those mags are pita to load too.
    well, no longer will they be a PITA to load with this loader. .............RTG has them in stock for relatively cheap:

https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/S...-M45-p4640.htm

the moderation to the base so it goes over the magazine is pretty simple, a guy over on GUNBOARDS.COM saw what I did and he made one for himself, he molded thick plastic for his base instead of 28ga. sheet metal like I did............. it's post #17 in this thread

https://forums.gunboards.com/showthr...a-PPS-43-C-run

and I explained how to make your own clips,
    Last edited by Ghoulardi; 07-19-2020 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma Nostra View Post
    As someone with a mp5... I’m interested for sure. Now if I only had time to mess with...

the thing about using 5.56 clips, the clip is "smidget" thicker then the Swedish K clip so the clip of ammo won't go into the loader with the front guard on, so you would need to cut out the front guard like I did on the PPS loader.
    Last edited by Ghoulardi; 07-19-2020 at 03:04 PM.