Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beretta AR70/90 build

Senior Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by The War Wagon View Post
    Eeep.

There's a guy on Barfcom who MADE a folder for his kit (I didn't save the link, but google-fu should find it for you), that was pretty ingenious.

Ya' know what - I just went back and found it. Check out how he made HIS folding stock!
    Yeah, that's Katzma. he's one of the guys who tried to buy the original, I think.

Updates, I'm now bringing in a few of the original B&T picatinny rail mounts for these rifles. They're expensive, but they're very good. They mount directly in place of the original carry handle using the front dovetail and a screw-lock at the rear in place of the original spring loaded pin. Contrary to popular belief, these are not discontinued, according to B&T!

https://jtmachineservices.com/?produ...90-optics-rail

Barrel blanks have been sourced for the AR70/90 barrels, but I'm on a wait list to get them. I'll have a few VZ.61 barrels ready this month, blanks for those are easier to get but still have at least a two week wait time before they ship. Barrel makers claim they just can't keep up with the orders!

Also now have rivet kits for the AR70/90 and the trigger guard rivets for the VZ.61. Any other small parts or pieces you guys want to buy, but don't want to have to go wholesale buy 10,000 of?
    Last edited by Xnke; 09-13-2020 at 07:31 PM.

Veteran
    Beautiful work. Soo ready to finish mine. Ill be looking into your parts for sure.

PS. Sorry for what went down on WG.

Senior Veteran
    I'm diggin' your folding stock casting-I used to do aluminum castings back in high school and got pretty good, but don't have room for the sand floor and furnace right now.

I did find 20 .223 barrel blanks so I can start on barrels for the AR70/90, blanks are really hard to get right now! Unfortunately only two blanks are chrome lined. Criterion and Green Mountain are supposed to be getting me lead times on chrome-lined blanks so I can offer those, but it'll probably be December before I can reliably stock them.

Hoping to get good news from some of my suppliers this week and be able to get the internal rails posted up for sale. Right now, I'm pretty well wiped out of flats, between web sales and private messages. I'll have more cut out by next week. Gotta get some photos taken tonight to get images up for the stuff on the website.

Veteran
    I ordered all the goodies off your website lol. Are you going to sell bending jigs or rent them out?

And thanks that was my first attempt ever trying to cast anything. If you want to try to cast one i can send you my pattern. Its not the prettiest lol but you can modify it however you want.

Senior Veteran
    I would have to mix up some more greensand but I might be able to later-I'd need to figure out and build the latch system for the stock first. What kind of sand mix were you using? The pattern looks pretty good and you could gate in along the top straight rail, that'd be easy to cut the gates away and clean up after. Also, next time get some pool bleach pucks, the hard bricks of sodium hypochlorite, and break one up with a hammer. Use a chunk around 3/4" squareish and wrap in aluminum foil, wrapped onto the end of a steel rod or something heat-resistant, and before you skim the dross off, push that to the bottom of your crucible and let it decompose-you'll see some pretty violent bubbling but it will effectively combine all the hydrogen gas into hydrochloric acid vapor (so stay upwind) but you will not have the tiny bubbles in your casting. There are other reactions that don't make acid vapor, but are more dangerous or difficult to obtain the reagents for. Pool Shock pucks just work, and are shelf stable, easy to get and use.

The flats have little marker notches on the end of the flat to show you where to bend at. It's not a single-push process to bend one. The pre-form dies are still in big machine shop jail waiting on the shoes to be made, the individual die inserts I did on my smaller machine. Once I get all the parts back and get the dies assembled and set up, the end user will have to make four straight line bends and do the welding to fit all the guts in.

Effectively, it will be possible to use any press brake or pan/box brake to fold a flat once I get the dies fully functional here to do the lower rail joggles and the embossings. I'm working on that as fast as I can.

Senior Veteran
    How do the barrels install on these? Press fit, screw in?
    14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

Senior Veteran
    The barrel and trunnion are keyed with a small piece of steel. The barrel slip fits into the trunnion and held with a barrel nut.

Top pic: credit Calcifer73
    Attached Images Attached Images