Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My Cetme Modelo C build

Veteran
    I ordered a rattle can of Duracoat in flat black, see how it goes on the small parts.

Cool...It's pretty easy, and I THINK you'll be happy with it. Just make sure to let it cure the required amount of time. I'll be curious to know how you like it.

Veteran
    STUMPED:
    So, while waiting for the Duracoat to show up I started trying to remove my buttstock. I can't for the life of me remove the stock screw. Hit it with oil, clamped the stock in my woodworking bench vise. Biggest screwdriver I could find ground down to fit the screw perfectly.... pipe wrench on the handle... nothing. Any suggestions before I drill the head off the screw?

Quote Originally Posted by EvilDworkin View Post
    STUMPED:
    So, while waiting for the Duracoat to show up I started trying to remove my buttstock. I can't for the life of me remove the stock screw. Hit it with oil, clamped the stock in my woodworking bench vise. Biggest screwdriver I could find ground down to fit the screw perfectly.... pipe wrench on the handle... nothing. Any suggestions before I drill the head off the screw?
    Try tightening it ever so slightly before you move it in the loosening direction?? Give the oil more time to sink in?? Neither of mine took alot of effort to get the stock off, but taking the buffer apart was a WHOLE 'nother story. And in the FWIW category, if you want the stock off just for painting purposes, I didn't even bother to remove it...I just taped it off, taped newspaper around the stock, and had at it.

Veteran
    Be careful using oil in these stocks. I'm assuming it's wood.
    The oil can soak into the wood and cause it to swell which makes the task considerably more difficult.
    You might try an impact driver if you can find one of the right size. I ended up giving up on mine and just went the direction of increasing recoil spring rate and mechanical disadvantage inside the bolt instead, and I no longer appear to actually need the buffer, which means I don't need to mess with it anymore.

Veteran
    The wait for stuff is killing me...
    Got my length of UniStrut, my 20mm round rod is in the mail (should be delivered on Friday).
    Got my son the welder making up some square pieces to weld on the rod ends so I have a flat surface to drill for pull down bolts. Also, thinking of backing the bottom of the UniStrut with some 3/8" flat plate to give some added support.
    Hoping to get my flat bent by Sunday. (Pheasant season opens on Saturday so that might put a kink in my timetable)
    I'll post pics once I have something.

Veteran
    It's been a while since my late post.
    I've got my receiver almost where I want it, can't get the bolt carrier to drop straight through yet but it's just a matter of a little tweaking and it'll be good. (fingers crossed).
    I was going to finish up my welds this weekend but things have been hectic around here (my mother had a stroke on Thursday) but things are looking good for her so I'm hopeful life will get back to normal.
    I'll update when I can.

Veteran
    Well...Thank God, my mother is coming home tomorrow almost completely recovered from her stroke. We lost my father 6 months ago so.... I really don't know what else to say.