Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: America is in a lot of trouble.

America is in a lot of trouble.

Took my wifeís car to the mechanic at 9:00 AM this morning. On the way, we have to pass the local Food Bank. Cars were lined up to get in for, literally, a mile and wrapped around 2 roads! Iíve never seen anything like it. So much for that V shaped recovery. I think itís going to be a tough winter.

Terry
    " And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time that his people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
    -- Thomas Jefferson, letter to Col. William S. Smith, 1787

Senior Veteran
    I think we are at the top of a big downhill slope, on the way down, with no end in sight.
    14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

Dont know how much, if any, truth there is to it but there was internet rumors of a truckers strike being organized in NYS a week or so ago.
    I had forgot all about it until today when my Aunt told me about a conversation she was in at the grocery store. The gist of it is the assistant manager was looking for a product for a customer and came back and told him they were out of it to which my Aunt commented that they'd have it next time the customer came in for it and the assistant manager advised them not to count on it because "some people" had decided they weren't going to work. Whether he was referring to the truckers I dont know. You know how it is with rumors, the internet and ripple effect induced panic....
    Last edited by Has Been; 11-16-2020 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by specops56 View Post
    Took my wife’s car to the mechanic at 9:00 AM this morning. On the way, we have to pass the local Food Bank. Cars were lined up to get in for, literally, a mile and wrapped around 2 roads!
    I look FORWARD to the day, when most demtard politicians are in such a line. Being berated by everybody ELSE there, for the whole time.
    We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other. - John Adams, 2nd U.S. President -

but yet the stock market was up record amounts today,,,go figure...rich getting richer?
    "Listen With Your Eyes"
    Wit, Grit, Courage and Determination

Senior Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvera View Post
    but yet the stock market was up record amounts today,,,go figure...rich getting richer?
    Most likely.
    14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

Playin' with HOUSE money.
    We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other. - John Adams, 2nd U.S. President -

I for one, am glad to see it, as that represents my only REAL retirement plan. And I'm certainly not "rich"...I am but a simple aircraft mechanic, getting close to retirement...so I NEED the stock market to perform well.

^^^^ then you better get OUT of the market pretty quickly while its still gaining from these vaccine company stocks..... cause this thing is gonna go the other way really soon.

i used to play in the markets back before all this internet stock trading started & even the thought of trying to ride the wave now days makes me queasy. too risky when its your real money vs extra/play money that you can risk.

realistically? you have until the day creepy joe starts his 6-8 week covid lockdown, that he says is necessary to save the country. its gonna go into self correction mode then.

ya gotta figure the penalties & the taxes if you take it out early vs the potential loss if you leave it in there... & say it loses 30-40% of its value. YIKES.
    say what you mean & mean what you say!
    TEC Tactical=SOT/07 i work there.

Took nearly everything I had out of the market and reinvested it in land and timber for my retirement.
    Still have some in the market that has a little better than a year to go before I can take it out without paying a 10% early withdrawal penalty on but if sleepy creepy does indeed get certified the winner I'm probably gonna take my lumps on it and buy a few more acres to plant trees on.
    I think the days of long term investments in the market are long gone.