Thread: Just gonna leave these here.

Just gonna leave these here.

In the Navy that would be: a case of fallopian tubes from the ET shop, 50 feet of chowline from the BM locker and batteries for the sound powered phones.

Terry
    " And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time that his people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
    -- Thomas Jefferson, letter to Col. William S. Smith, 1787

Are you making fun of the Air Force again?

We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other. - John Adams, 2nd U.S. President -

Quote Originally Posted by The War Wagon View Post
    Are you making fun of the Air Force again?

Damn. I wouldn't come in your house and insult your service.
    For those who fought for it, freedom holds a flavor the protected will never know. Those who hammer their guns into plows-will plow for those who do not. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by 7.62guy View Post
    Aww, come on. You pretty much have to make fun of the other services. Until they save your butt or piss you of so much that you can't speak. Now about the USMC ...

My kid brother's a retired USAF O-6 - Crypto-intelligence spook.

I grew UP with him - if you knew him, he'd probably personify every "military intelligence joke" you ever heard.

And HE sent me the chart.
    We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other. - John Adams, 2nd U.S. President -

Humm, guess I was in a bad mood. It just kind of struck me wrong. No hard feelings. I must be getting old and my sense of humor is failing.
    For those who fought for it, freedom holds a flavor the protected will never know. Those who hammer their guns into plows-will plow for those who do not. Thomas Jefferson

Making fun of each other's branches is a time honored tradition in the military. No genuine offense is ever intended. You are all my brothers!

Terry
    " And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time that his people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
    -- Thomas Jefferson, letter to Col. William S. Smith, 1787

Humm, guess I was in a bad mood. It just kind of struck me wrong. No hard feelings. I must be getting old and my sense of humor is failing.

Well, to equal it out - he spent 8 years in the Navy (getting his Bachelors & Master degree - then when the KLIN - TON I cutbacks began, they wouldn't let him go to OCS; so he went to the Air Force instead) before going to the Air Force for the next 22 years.

So he says, "What happens when a man leaves the Air Force, FOR the Navy?"

"It raises the aggregate IQ of BOTH branches!"

^^^^^ Well I must still have a little humor left in me cuz that story got a chuckle for sure.