Thread: Handiwork From The Khyber Pass Team

Handiwork From The Khyber Pass Team

Hi Guys,

Some crappy picts of a few of my SKS Bubbas.

From top to bottom:

Parts built gun in a jungle stock, scrubbed bits, blue bolt carrier, Alby bayo, navel sling.

The Canadian Deer Slayer - A rifle that came with the barrel pre cut at 18.5 inches, Mojo peep (had no front sight), neutered FSB, 5 round mag, Butler Creek furniture with no-vent Choate HG, black sling. Came in crappy camo wood. Matching numbers.

Firstist home built Paratrooper in a bayo slot inletted Para stock & cheese greater HG, Williams peep, P50 front sight, TriDelta threaded brake, VZ58 sling, matching numbers.

A restocked Paratrooper with French Tickler HG (another gun that came ruin't in camo), and a SKS sling I'd not seen before. Receiver, bolt & carrier match, mag and TG match.

They're all really good looking rifles that handle sweet. PAX

Last edited by echo1; 01-10-2021 at 06:57 PM.

I've never been a fan of SKS's, but that bottom one with the shorty barrel looks like fun. Is it a shooter at 50 yds?

Love the Bubba reference. I grew up that way because $ was so scarce. I look at it as fixing stuff with what you have. At the end of the day, they're all tools. They do the the job, or they don't. How good they look is just window dressing. PAX

Bubba or not I like my SKS's and I like those as well. Mine are all dependable and hit what I aim at. I'm sure yours will do the same,
    For those who fought for it, freedom holds a flavor the protected will never know. Those who hammer their guns into plows-will plow for those who do not. Thomas Jefferson

Senior Veteran
    Only SKS I ever owned was a Norinco when they cost $100 or less. Fun as hell to shoot, steel core x39 was really cheap then and we would blast through a spam can in a weekend.

I didn't like how the bolt beat the hell out of the back of the receiver though, and I didn't like the short LOP, but this was pre-internet and I didn't know about rubber buffers and was too poor and busy to make a better stock for it. One of the many guns I now regret selling!

Senior Veteran
    I like the short barreled one on the bottom as well, looks good like that.
    14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

Thanks fellas. I like the SKS and have more than a few, although I recently off loaded 9 of them. Dan, the commercial Paratroopers length rifles are my favorite to shoot, very handy, and marginally more accurate to 100 yards. The buffers have been rumored to be ineffective and a waste of money. PAX