Thread: 4 plus years and finally going to finish them

4 plus years and finally going to finish them

About 4 years ago Trump, to my surprise, was elected, so with gun rights seeming secure the gun scare going on at the time died out. With that, the big shop project I started and
    buying some adjacent land, all taking my time and money I pretty much put the gun stuff aside. About that same time I made my last big expensive gun purchase of that 1928-A1
    Thompson, so that ate up any funds (and then some) I would have spent on gun activity. The only other firearm I have gotten in the past 4 years was the CMP 1911-A1.

Anyway, just before this I had finished putting together 2 Anderson lowers, which have sat untouched since then. I had ARs, so with gun rights secure, money and time going
    elsewhere, I felt no pressure to do anything with them.

Although I can not think of one serious shooting event that involved so called "Ghost Guns". All the guns involved seemed to have been fairly quickly traced to their origin
    (often bought by the shooter themselves), the antigun crowd (among other things) seem to be obsessed by these Ghost Guns. Why did not you know you can just go
    online and by parts and assemble these guns yourself without a serial number. I have kind of wondered if there might be a push to regulate sale of gun parts, just like
    serial numbered receivers?

So I decided to finish putting together these two lowers. I have one or two other stripped lowers I never started on and will probably leave that way. Yesterday I bought
    two complete 1/7 AR uppers thru PSA (Easter sale) with free shipping, a couple of iron sights I have used before from Centerfire, and 10 M1 Garand slings from CMP. I like the slings and
    can use them on about any rifle. They are slightly over $10 ea and buying over $100. worth the shipping was free.

Anyway, now waiting for the orders to come in.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Occam's razor, the simplest explanation will be the most plausible

NICE sneakers!

Good looking setups you got going. Look forward to the range reports on the completed deal.
    We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other. - John Adams, 2nd U.S. President -

Looks good, I am happy to see someone building again.
    Thanks for the pictures.

I have built enough and now selling off most of the spare parts.
    Some one else may be able to use them.

Ron
    31B

Senior Veteran
    Good to see you get back into the building thing.
    14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

better late than never!

if you need a good supplier of HQ AR uppers complete? Heres your hook up.

GMWILLY (Gary)@ Twincityarmament. this guy is professional all the way & his prices are impossible to beat. He also does the exotic stuff & crazy calibers in them.

ive gotten dozens of complete uppers from him in all different configs & calibers. Never had the first issue with him or his service. He's had several thousand transactions over at WG & no complaints.

just be sure to tell him that sdk1968 sent you (for the better prices)

Gmwilly
    Twin Cities Armament
    PO Box 561
    Big Lake, MN 55309
    P-651-357-5172
    say what you mean & mean what you say!
    TEC Tactical=SOT/07 i work there.

Little unrelated, but decided to buy a few more PMags. Ordered 20 thru PSA for around $12+ each and free shipping. I also ordered 6 more 30rd M1 Carbine mags. Most of my carbine mags are 15 rd Milsurp
    mags and I only had a handful of 30 rounders for the 6 carbines I have. That will give me a couple of 30 rd mags per gun. Looking at some glass - may get a couple of 3X Burris prism scopes. I have one
    and rather like the ease of use and sight picture.

Order a 16" chrome lined premium upper from PSA yesterday. No bolt or charging handle with it, the other two had them. I already have an extra premium bolt and charging handles so no problem.
    So I have 3 uppers coming in now. Thinking about ordeing a 3X Burris prism and 1000 lumen stream light for my premiun 20" AR I already have. Just have iron sights on it now.