Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brugger & Thomet Short Version Mount Works on Cast Stainless Receiver CETME

Veteran
    Well, the mailman just dropped off the VetRap, so I had the "sniper cheek riser" on her in about 20 minutes - most of which time was looking for a scissors to cut the sleeping pad!

MY Cherokee

We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other. - John Adams, 2nd U.S. President -

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by The War Wagon View Post
    MY Cherokee

So how do those plastic cheek risers attach to a wooden stock, and is there any adjustment? My home-made one seems perfect height for my scope rings and mount. That Cherokee looks to be too high?

It's been so long since I installed it, I've forgotten HOW it attaches precisely!

In pulling it out and examining it, it's QUITE snug - and secures through the 2 holes near the buttplate.

I wish someone would pick up the patent and make some more!
    Last edited by The War Wagon; 04-06-2021 at 07:06 PM.
    We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other. - John Adams, 2nd U.S. President -

Quote Originally Posted by tpelle View Post
    So how do those plastic cheek risers attach to a wooden stock, and is there any adjustment? My home-made one seems perfect height for my scope rings and mount. That Cherokee looks to be too high?

the way they attach to the stock is there are pins molded into the stock that correspond to that take down pin holes.

when CHEROKEE stocks were brand new they have 8 pins...... 4 that going into a HK stock and 4 that goes into a CETME, depending on what stock you have, you just break off the 4 pins that you don't need

as for being high, they are the perfect height to sight through the scope that is either on the claw mount or low profile with high scope rings. the scopes all sit high no matter what mount you use, it has to sit high to clear the rear sight
    STAY SICK! AND TURN BLUE OVA-DEY!

Veteran
    Yes, I can see how that would work. Probably not enough of a market any longer, what with everybody including the Russians sticking M4 stocks on their rifles. I wonder, with 3D-Printing technology, if there would be a nice retirement income available to someone who would buy a good 3D-Printer and start "printing" things like that for low volume sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulardi View Post
    speaking of cheek risers, over on the HKPRO board someone posted a picture of a cheek riser that they wanted to know about...........the thing looks simple to fabricate, so I'm going to try to make one . I'm always looking for projects to make or create, just for s*its and giggles, since I'm on my second retirement

that can be easily adapted to fit on the CETME, it's just a matter of positioning the pins to line up with the CETME take down pin holes

https://www.hkpro.com/threads/g3-cheek-riser.534422/
    This wouldn't be too hard to recreate with some kydex.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by deadmanwalkin689 View Post
    This wouldn't be too hard to recreate with some kydex.
    You mean, like this?:

After I read your reply above, I jumped on Amazon and ordered a couple of sheets of 0.080" black Kydex. It arrived yesterday afternoon, so I immediately went to work. This was actually my first ever time at attempting working with Kydex. I've watched dozens of YouTube how-to videos, and it always looked too easy to believe! There just had to be something they weren't telling me. Some secret technique. Well, I was wrong! It really is that easy!

I'm pretty proud of how it turned out. Maybe it was beginner's luck. The next time I try to make something it will come out looking like a brassier for a elephant or something.

Here's a couple more pics:

The riser height is perfect, and honestly, it feels exactly like resting your cheek on a wooden buttstock. I'm pretty happy!

That's a very nice early St. Albans Century CETME I believe they were produce in the late 90's early 2000's. I have one just like it. They were made with almost new part kits.

Last edited by hansellhd; 04-11-2021 at 02:26 PM.
    HDH.

Quote Originally Posted by tpelle View Post

The riser height is perfect, and honestly, it feels exactly like resting your cheek on a wooden buttstock. I'm pretty happy!

wow, that looks great . only thing I would do is blacken the nut washer and screw to blend it in with the riser and stock.

is it sturdy when you rest your cheek on it and shoot it, it won't "give"?
    STAY SICK! AND TURN BLUE OVA-DEY!