Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Annnnnnnnnnd... MORE good news!

Lightbulb Annnnnnnnnnd... MORE good news!

... not.

NO end in sight - at least until Trump gets elected to a third term... "

Ammo And Primer Shortages Continue Into 2021

by Tyler Durden
    Friday, Apr 30, 2021 - 10:40 PM

Readers have been well informed about multiple shortages of ammunition and firearms in the last year due to a massive demand pull from frightened Americans during the COVID-19 pandemic, social unrest in cities around the US, and the prospect of an anti-gun Biden administration. Now another shortage has materialized: the lack of bullet primers, which is the device responsible for initiating the propellant combustion that pushes the bullet out of the barrel.

Besides the ammo shortage of last year, reloading components, like primers, and reloading tools, have become scarce.

"Primers are tough for reloaders to find, too, as more and more of them are being used in making factory ammo," said gun website Wide Open Spaces.

Bullets are relatively easy to produce. Brass casings can be reused, and powder is still plentiful, but there's a bottleneck in ammo production because of the lack of primers.

There are only four domestic manufacturers in the US: Federal, CCI, Remington, and Winchester. These firms supply primers to the military and law enforcement and the retail market.

So in 2020, when more than 7 million people became first-time gun buyers. They had to buy bullets too. And as a result of the unprecedented demand for ammo, selling out at Walmart, local gun shops, and online websites, the great primer shortage continues.

Gun owners are clearly frustrated with excessively high ammo and primer prices that have more than doubled the prices than pre-COVID times.
    The fact is, ammo companies didn't have enough capacity to meet demand last year.

President of ammunition for Vista Outdoors, Jason Vanderbrink, speaks more about the primer shortage.

Due to the ammo and primer shortage, the 3D-printed gun community develops electrical ignitions that replace primers due to the shortage.

https://youtu.be/RMAMLGLdDXY (Can only imbed one video at a time - you'll just hafta click on this link, OLD-school)

There are no signs that ammo and primer shortages are abating anytime soon.
    We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other. - John Adams, 2nd U.S. President -

Jason is doing his best to do the right thing for the company shareholders and the country also. I doubt I would want his job this day in time, but this is not the first nor the last time we will have to go through this. We made it past the Obama guns and ammo scares and I have a little faith and a lot of hope that we will make it through all this crap also.
    For those who fought for it, freedom holds a flavor the protected will never know. Those who hammer their guns into plows-will plow for those who do not. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by The War Wagon View Post
    ... not.

NO end in sight - at least until Trump gets elected to a third term... "

Ammo And Primer Shortages Continue Into 2021

by Tyler Durden
    Friday, Apr 30, 2021 - 10:40 PM
    This is nothing but more MSM BS propaganda to keep the pot stirred.
    I didnt watch the video, but if it's the one I think it is it's about 6 mos old, IIRC.
    I dont really believe there is a shortage, no to the degree that everyone thinks.
    If there was, the shelves on gun broker would be as bare there as well. But they're not, one can find nearly anything they want, powder, primers, projo's, brass ect, but it'll cost ya a pretty penny.
    One part of the problem is that when a distributor gets a shipment in, what doesnt go to fill back orders is bought up in minutes, sometimes by unscrupulous people that turn around and flog it on GB for triple what they paid...and people are paying the price.
    As long as the MSM/ anti gun crowd keeps stirring the panic pot and people keep paying exorbitant prices on GB it'll likely never get back to a semblance of normal.
    Last edited by Has Been; 05-03-2021 at 01:53 PM.

we actually have a Member who works there.... he says they are running full tilt 24/7 as fast as it can go...

its getting made & its getting shipped. where do you think its all going? :-)
    say what you mean & mean what you say!
    TEC Tactical=SOT/07 i work there.

looking for something else yesterday i happened to find a stored away 50cal ammo can and LOW AND BEHOLD.....25 trays of Large Pistol Primers and 2 trays of Large Rifle primers!

I'm RICH!!!!!
    "Listen With Your Eyes"
    Wit, Grit, Courage and Determination

Senior Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvera View Post
    looking for something else yesterday i happened to find a stored away 50cal ammo can and LOW AND BEHOLD.....25 trays of Large Pistol Primers and 2 trays of Large Rifle primers!

I'm RICH!!!!!
    You are! Lol
    14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

Senior Veteran
    I don't think this one will be as bad as the Obama panic.... A whole bunch of little things that I can't really explain, but I just don't think its that bad.

Mostly, Obama had a much better Congressional situation than does Biden, and, well I guess Biden just doesn't inspire panic He's kind of the epitome of "all talk and no action", a career of spending taxpayer money, holding up confirmations & other legislation, and taking credit for passing stuff that was so popular that it got 60+ Senate votes.... big talker, and past his sell by date at that.

I am worried about prices never coming back down. The last two admins have run the deficit up well past anything Clinton or GW dreamed of, and Biden looks to outdo them in the first year. All that money is diluting your purchasing power so prices may stay up. Look at when primers finally came back after the Obama panic - no longer $20/thousand, now $30/thousand. I expect they will be $40 or more per thousand when we see them readily available again. But they will be back soon.

Lightbulb

Did you see this the other day?

Fenix Ammo: 100,000 rounds of 9mm sold out in 2 minutes 34 seconds

100,000 9mm 124gr gone in 2 minutes 34 seconds.
    Fenix 'Kulak' Ammunition (@FenixAmmunition) April 24, 2021
    We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other. - John Adams, 2nd U.S. President -

Senior Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by The War Wagon View Post
    Did you see this the other day?
    It is a headline with no article. Anyone could write that and put it up on the internet. Apparently, anyone did, there's no attribution.

With a quick glance at their front page, there are other aspects of The Gun Feed which fail to impress, but in fairness I don't know much about them, just the quick look this morning.

So no, my reaction is meh rather than

Instead, I take a look at SG Ammo's site. Fair amount of common calibers, at the prices one would expect these days. But if you have to have a couple boxes of 38 special, they can take care of you. SG Ammo is no Cheaper Than Dirt, and no gunbroker profiteer. Those of us who buy ammo when its plentiful and reasonably priced want outfits like SG around for the long haul (I bought a couple cases of really nice 7.62x51 from them early in 2020 before prices exploded). I have confidence that when SG can return to their high volume low margin model they will do so.

So the new gun owners who don't know the system are getting fleeced by the flippers. Once the demand for toilet paper dropped last year, those flippers who's spare cash wasn't tied up in a basement full of TP being munched on by silver fish started buying up the new panic item, ammo. This too will pass, it probably would have already without Biden's election and subsequent interference.

Quote Originally Posted by jdowney View Post
    It is a headline with no article. Anyone could write that and put it up on the internet. Apparently, anyone did, there's no attribution.

With a quick glance at their front page, there are other aspects of The Gun Feed which fail to impress, but in fairness I don't know much about them, just the quick look this morning.

So no, my reaction is meh rather than

Instead, I take a look at SG Ammo's site. Fair amount of common calibers, at the prices one would expect these days. But if you have to have a couple boxes of 38 special, they can take care of you. SG Ammo is no Cheaper Than Dirt, and no gunbroker profiteer. Those of us who buy ammo when its plentiful and reasonably priced want outfits like SG around for the long haul (I bought a couple cases of really nice 7.62x51 from them early in 2020 before prices exploded). I have confidence that when SG can return to their high volume low margin model they will do so.

So the new gun owners who don't know the system are getting fleeced by the flippers. Once the demand for toilet paper dropped last year, those flippers who's spare cash wasn't tied up in a basement full of TP being munched on by silver fish started buying up the new panic item, ammo. This too will pass, it probably would have already without Biden's election and subsequent interference.
    +1^