Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Annnnnnnnnnd... MORE good news!

Senior Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Planning View Post
    Some of you may remember me telling everyone to buy ammo. This was 25 to 35 years ago. Ammo was very very cheap and free shipping..
    I know that is a long time ago. I still bought a lot of it and have it in storage that I have paid a monthly fee on ( it is not much each month).

So, several months ago the two dealers I know called and wanted to buy some of my ammo. I don't usually sell my ammo to dealers, but they are friends and I said I would sell them some. They wanted 60 cases and I told them OK and the prices was going to be the going rate minus 20% when the pick it up. So my wife and I went to storage and dug out 60 cases and brought it home and stuck it under the stairs. I called them and told them it was ready to pick up. About two months later they showed up to get it and the prices had gone up and I told them the price. They wanted it at the price when I called them. Nope, this was the price today. So they told me they didn't want it. I told them fine, and they left. Yesterday, they called me and wanted the ammo I had gotten several months ago out of storage. I told the that the price had gone up again. So they said they would pass.
    They now have a problem because they already had a buyer for all of it and got the money from him, but don't have any ammo.

Tomorrow my wife and I are going to load it up and put it back in storage.
    It can sit in storage for a long time.
    No! it is no longer for sale at this time. Maybe next week, Maybe next next year, Maybe never.
    Sometimes, It is fun being an old man.

Have a nice day!
    Ron
    Heheh.... they don't sound like friends to me! Acquaintances is all. Their behavior is exactly why you don't usually sell to dealers

Senior Veteran
    Yup. Not friends at all to do you like that.
    14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

Quote Originally Posted by Planning View Post
    Some of you may remember me telling everyone to buy ammo. This was 25 to 35 years ago. Ammo was very very cheap and free shipping..
    I know that is a long time ago. I still bought a lot of it and have it in storage that I have paid a monthly fee on ( it is not much each month).

So, several months ago the two dealers I know called and wanted to buy some of my ammo. I don't usually sell my ammo to dealers, but they are friends and I said I would sell them some. They wanted 60 cases and I told them OK and the prices was going to be the going rate minus 20% when the pick it up. So my wife and I went to storage and dug out 60 cases and brought it home and stuck it under the stairs. I called them and told them it was ready to pick up. About two months later they showed up to get it and the prices had gone up and I told them the price. They wanted it at the price when I called them. Nope, this was the price today. So they told me they didn't want it. I told them fine, and they left. Yesterday, they called me and wanted the ammo I had gotten several months ago out of storage. I told the that the price had gone up again. So they said they would pass.
    They now have a problem because they already had a buyer for all of it and got the money from him, but don't have any ammo.

Tomorrow my wife and I are going to load it up and put it back in storage.
    It can sit in storage for a long time.
    No! it is no longer for sale at this time. Maybe next week, Maybe next next year, Maybe never.
    Sometimes, It is fun being an old man.

Have a nice day!
    Ron
    Ron... this is a GREAT story! Certainly made me chuckle... Good for you!
    COG # 1066