Thread: M1918 oow b.a.r.

M1918 oow b.a.r.

Around 4 years ago when I built my new shop I also picked up a new OOW built M1918 B.A.R (30-06) and a new OOW M1919 (7.62X51), both semi. They had been making them off and on and I
    believe around that time they made the last of them. They had a patent on the B.A.R. They no longer had the B.A.R. listed on their web site (sold out), but I found one of theirs new in box from a
    dealer out west, which I bought. Lots going on at the time with building the new building, plus fairly bad injury I had suffered taking months to recover from. I did manage to fire the M1919 with
    Emory Jones Crank, but never got the B.A.R. out. It has been locked up in my shop since I got it.

Took the B.A.R out today, and dug out the mag belt, mags, etc, to look it over. Did not fire it, but still enjoyed playing around with it. The B.A.R. uses 20rd mags, which I have a handful,
    plus OOW makes a 30rd mag (not cheap), which I got a couple.

BTW I am still fighting off the damage I suffered from the Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever last fall, although much better, but lost 50 lbs from the ordeal, I can't seem to gain back. Didn't
    mind loosing some weight, but that was/is a little extreme. Many confuse tick disease Lyme's with Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, but different and caused by different ticks. Several hundred
    thousand cases of Lymes are reported each year, but only 2,000 or so Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. Worse case can Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever can kill you and it nearly got me, shutting
    down my kidneys and going septic. It is the worse of the tick diseases. Oh, when they put me hospital they also found I had fractured my right leg bone right below the knee socket. I
    was so out of it I don't even know how it happened. Just it hurt like hell and because of it's location not allowed to walk on it for over a month. Good news is checkup last week showed
    kidneys are functioning normally.

That is one of the reasons I have been fairly quiet on posting for a while now. Anyway, I was glad to get some things
    out for a change and have been working on finishing some AR15 builds I started years back.
    Last edited by Buckshot; 05-29-2021 at 06:22 PM.
    Occam's razor, the simplest explanation will be the most plausible

Wow man! Glad you recovered from all that. That is a purdy rifle! I'll bet Clyde Barrow is drooling in his grave.
    Gun control is the ability to hit the target.

If you need that rifle exercised, I'd be happy to put some rounds through her for ya. I'll even use your ammo, so it's not tainted by my inferior commercial stuff

Had a buddy of mine in grad school get Lyme disease his last semester; almost didn't graduate, it wiped him out so badly.

Glad you're back up & at 'em - and enjoying .30 rifles!
    We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other. - John Adams, 2nd U.S. President -

Quote Originally Posted by The War Wagon View Post
    Had a buddy of mine in grad school get Lyme disease his last semester; almost didn't graduate, it wiped him out so badly.

Glad you're back up & at 'em - and enjoying .30 rifles!
    Lymes is not good at all, like I said several hundred thousand cases a year, but Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever (different tick) is the worse by far. I did not mention, but for several days I lost my ability to use language.
    You can talk, but words have no meaning or little meaning, so it is just gibberish. I also lost my appetite and could not taste food for months. I was lucky not to loose some body parts and did loose many layers
    of skin from above knees down.

One of these spring days I want to get all the WW2 stuff out, BAR, 1919, 1911, M1 Carbine/M1 Garand, 1928-A1 Thompson, M1903/M1903A3, etc.
    Occam's razor, the simplest explanation will be the most plausible

Senior Veteran
    Glad you are feeling/doing better. Beautiful B.A.R. as well!
    14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

Glad your better, four year...wow has it been that long already? I wouldn't mind losing 50 lbs, your still got that tick around?
    I love you guys...

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    Lymes is not good at all, like I said several hundred thousand cases a year, but Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever (different tick) is the worse by far...
    I grew up in rural NC - got gobbled by ticks EVERY summer - and DIDN'T wanna get EITHER!!!!

RMSF killed LeeRoy Yarbrough's racing career (look him up) and probably shortened his life, too. NEITHER one is "fun."
    We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other. - John Adams, 2nd U.S. President -