Thread: G3 Buttstock on Century Arms AP5

Veteran

G3 Buttstock on Century Arms AP5

I picked-up a Century Arms AP5 and am looking forward to getting it out on the range. Itís a pistol, so I picked up an HK retractable brace for it. After some research, I know that all HK parts will work on it. What I canít find is if thereís a way to use an old G3 fixed buttstock on it? It would need an adapter, (and the tax stamp), but does anyone have any idea if I can make this work. Iíll SBR it and pay the $30 for the G3 stock instead of the $$$$ I spent on a retractable brace.

Senior Veteran
    If other HK parts will fit it then the G3 stock should as well. The only part to check is that the single pin stock adapter fits. Those are generally made from surplus G3 recoil assemblies, if that fits then you're good to go. PCS makes those parts - I don't know if other companies do too, but they're the one I know about - but I have also seen them hand made by end users. It should be pretty easy to do, just cutting and smoothing of the surplus part, then some refinish to match your weapon.

Well, actually I machined and parked all the G3/33 adapters for PCS, he did the paint work and sent them to RTG. I retired and closed the shop at the end of 2019 so that last run I'm sure is long gone. Unless RTG has found another shop to make those, they will all be hand made (unless HKParts has some but the shop they used to try and copy mine are hit and miss on their quality).

Senior Veteran
    Interesting, I didn't know that but its not surprising of course.

If no one else is making them, perhaps I should hang on to all the G3 recoil assemblies that have collected around the shop over the years. Sounds like I might need to make my own when the need arises.

Yes, I literally made thousands but they're all sold. I did almost 100% of the machining for PCS. It was a good partnership. 2 guys made as many if not more US HK parts than all of PTR.

I'd keep G3 back assemblies around if you have them. One day those will be gone too.