Thread: ejector arm Cetme not Hk

ejector arm Cetme not Hk

I just got an HK ejector arm, pin and spring from RTG. They told me they didn't know if would interchange, but for $7.50 it was worth a try. Well, they won't interchange with genuine Cetme parts. Some Cetmes have HK trigger packs ( I was offered that when I bought mine, but I didn't anything about either one then) and they would interchange. The spring and arm are different. The arm would need some grinding at the rear end and the ejector section is about 1/8" shorter than the Cetme. It also looked like the angle was a bit different. The HK spring is a regular coil spring and the Cetme is a short coil with hooks on both ends.

Careful checking of my ejector showed no binding on the bolt or bolt head. It's loose enough that I don't believe it is the cause of my bolt - or something - binding when the Cetme gets hot.

Any other ideas on my problem are welcomed.
    RRRROOOWWWRRR PHHT PHHT I AM THE FORCE!

binding when the Cetme gets hot.

Binding? like the bolt carrier ont he receiver? Do you have the aluminum receiver?

Are you sure it is not the ejector?

Mine would slip out of the groove sometimes and all I had to do was bend it a little bit to the side and it works great now for the last 500 rounds or so.

Old Jimmy

It's the regular CAI steel receiver. The bolt doesn't fully close on the first round after about 40-50 rounds. No scope mount on the receiver. The ejector rides in the slot perfectly, and has a bit of up and down play when the bolt head and carrier are over both ends at the same time, so it's not dragging. The recoil rod is straight and I have an HK spring. Subsequent shots are fine with the bolt closing properly. Number of rounds in the mag doesn't matter, only the first one is affected. I'm so close to a realy reliable Cetme!

if its only on the first round in the magazine, I think the problem lies in your charging handle mech. maybe its binding on something. since it stays locked in and only the carrier moves after the first round, it seems thats the only common denominator for the problem. I'd pull it and chck the cocking tube for straightness or burrs and check the cocking mech to make sure its not fouled up or anything.

just to make sure... you do lock it back and slap it right? no riding it when you charge it.

if it IS a heat issue, then its gotta be something that gums up in the cocking tube when it warms up and it slows down the works.I would completely disassemble it, clean the sh1t out of it, and lube it up til its dripping then go run rounds through it to see if it will work itself out, then clean the sh1t out of it again.
    COA #106121 COG #1000 NRA #148440199

Copenhagen is my anti-drug!

Texas sew n' sew

Yes. I slap it. The cocking tube slot is a bit wavey, but nothing binds when the bolt carrier is removed. I'll try giving it a good cleaning before using more ammo. I have 1.5 battle packs left before I need to open the other case. And it is fun to shoot. My PTR91 is reliable, but pounds heavier with the bi-pod, HK rubber butt pad, scope mount, scope. Besides, the Cetme looks better.

rustypirate
    I am with Jfowl on this one...

Check the charging handle pivot pin, it may be working loose and binding on the tube. Also check the charging handle spring to make sure it is not getting weak, or maybe broken.

I would remove the bolt carrier, then lock the charging handle back like I had charged the rifle and "slap" the handle to see how quickly it snaps back down.

I know that these are all basic things, but sometimes they are the ones that bite you in the butt.