Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remington Model 11 Riot Gun

Remington Model 11 Riot Gun

While browsing the Berea Ohio Gun Show, I found this Remington Model 11 Riot Gun for $175--as it was a private sale, there was no tax and no paperwork.
    I used to have one of these that was sold as surplus by the Cleveland Police Department, stamped "CPD". I let a friend talk me out of it, and have regreted it ever since. Once, my shooting buddy fired off all five rounds as fast as he could squeeze the trigger, and all five empties were in the air at the same time!
    This one did not start life as a riot gun--I believe it was shortened at some point to 20". The barrel has no barrel length marking to confirm that, however--just that my original riot version had a small sight base for the bead, and this one dosn't. The barrel serial does match the reciever. It looks well done, though. The finish on this one is much better than my old one. It dates to the 1920's, due the safety inside the trigger guard and the lack of markings or game scene engraving on the reciever. The serial # is 81XXX.
    Can't wait to get out to the range and try it out.
    Just about any weapon designed by Browning is a winner in my book.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by amd65; 11-04-2007 at 10:18 AM.
    "Daddies' rifle in my hand felt reassuring. He told me red means run, son, numbers add up to nothin'. When the first shot hit the dock, I saw it comin'--raised my rifle to my eye, never stopped to wonder why--then I saw black, and my face flashed in the sky..."
    Powderfinger, Neil Young

Nice shoty!
    Look for the red mist...the red mist never lies.
    #1003 of the COG.

Just returned from the range, where I put 20 rounds of Remington 00 Buck through my Model 11. It worked perfectly, posting good buckshot patterns at 20 yards.
    I also tried some Brenneke slugs--those did not work so well, leaving the empty in the chamber. No problem, buck is mainly what this gun will be shooting.
    "Daddies' rifle in my hand felt reassuring. He told me red means run, son, numbers add up to nothin'. When the first shot hit the dock, I saw it comin'--raised my rifle to my eye, never stopped to wonder why--then I saw black, and my face flashed in the sky..."
    Powderfinger, Neil Young

$175 What a bargin, the Model 11 is a classic 1950s shotgun. When I see that I think of the old cop show 'Highway Patrol'
    My uncle had one with a 28 barrel and full choke. Me and my cousins shot a great deal in the mid 70s, it was a great weapon.
    We thought about it for a long time, "Endeavor to persevere." And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union

By the way I like the rounded off pistol grip, It looks vintage 1935.
    We thought about it for a long time, "Endeavor to persevere." And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union

i passed on a chicago pd model 97 and have regretted it ever since
    i aint got time to bleed

WOW...I really could fall for one of those ...way cool

Quote Originally Posted by Norton View Post
    $175 What a bargin, the Model 11 is a classic 1950s shotgun. When I see that I think of the old cop show 'Highway Patrol'
    My uncle had one with a 28 barrel and full choke. Me and my cousins shot a great deal in the mid 70s, it was a great weapon.

The Remington Model 11 was the first autoloading shotgun produced in the U.S.A. It was introduced in 1905 and discontinued in 1947. They are sweet, but the Browning A5's are sweeter...........................
    Throw ALL ……………Let me repeat that, ALL the incumbents out in 2010, and lets start over with a clean slate. The remainders can be dealt with in 2012.
    This job was not meant to be a lifelong career……………………………….

Nifty piece....reminds me of Bonnie & Clyde when I see one of them, always liked the look of them and Colt 1903 pistols, kinda have a mystique about them...so "state of the art" back in their time.
    Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition

COG #158

Hell of a deal, hell of a shotgun.
    There's the way the world ought to be, and then there's the way the world is.