Thread: 1910 Maxim semi internals by Midwest Metal

1910 Maxim semi internals by Midwest Metal

1910 Maxim semi internals by Midwest Metal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------this was on 1919a4.com

I am ready to start accepting orders for right sideplates for my 1910 semi maxim gun. I will have 55 plates ready in the next few weeks. Only the right plate is available right now, the rest of the parts over the next few months. Projected price for both plates and semi parts will be around $800.

Price for the right plate is $275 + $10 shipping, this will be credited toward the final price of the complete package when ready. This is an FFL only item so please send in an ink signed FFL of your dealer along with payment.

--------------------------------------------------------
    i ordered today 2 RSP's for 2 of my maxim kits.

if you have a kit and want one they are going fast.
    31B

Yeah I saw that too. It looks like a pretty nice design. I do not like that you have to mod the feedblock and add a box to the bottom. I would also like to see it running in video before I take the step of buying a plate. Also maybe a tutorial which he said he was working on. Overally I would give it a B+ and it may be the way to go.

Shermans design http://www.projectguns.com/maxim.html I THINK I might like better. BUT its not ATF approved...

I would rather cut a hole out the bottom plate then have a box stick down from it... but an ATF letter would make me sleep better.

All that said, I just want to see them work! Some feedback from builders should tell us what we need to know.

Also maybe its just me but after the MG15, I am a little afraid of buying a receiver BEFORE the semi parts are available and the design has been proven. I also did not buy the first round of the Vickers side plates for this same reason. Time should tell all!

Quote Originally Posted by IMBLITZVT View Post
    Yeah I saw that too. It looks like a pretty nice design. I do not like that you have to mod the feedblock and add a box to the bottom. I would also like to see it running in video before I take the step of buying a plate. Also maybe a tutorial which he said he was working on. Overally I would give it a B+ and it may be the way to go.

Shermans design http://www.projectguns.com/maxim.html I THINK I might like better. BUT its not ATF approved...

I would rather cut a hole out the bottom plate then have a box stick down from it... but an ATF letter would make me sleep better.

All that said, I just want to see them work! Some feedback from builders should tell us what we need to know.

Also maybe its just me but after the MG15, I am a little afraid of buying a receiver BEFORE the semi parts are available and the design has been proven. I also did not buy the first round of the Vickers side plates for this same reason. Time should tell all!
    i know what you mean, i to like shermans design, but unless he can get it approved, it is not much good. i am going with this one because it is approved. ( dennis had another better design, but could not get approval on it).
    i have had good luck with dennis so far on stuff he said he was going to do and it got done. i waited on a couple of thing in the past and missed out, so it is worth the gamble for me on this.
    31B

Quote Originally Posted by Planning View Post
    i know what you mean, i to like shermans design, but unless he can get it approved, it is not much good. i am going with this one because it is approved. ( dennis had another better design, but could not get approval on it).
    i have had good luck with dennis so far on stuff he said he was going to do and it got done. i waited on a couple of thing in the past and missed out, so it is worth the gamble for me on this.

Yeah I mean you can use Shermans design so long as you do not sell it... I mean its still legal to build. But you are taking a certain chance.

Yeah it is a Gamble. I do not have anything against Dennis but he has been coming out with this design for about 3 years... How long after the plates come out will it take for him to get to the semi parts? I did the same thing with the MG15 (Orins design not Dennis) a few years back and the semi design still it not right and it does not look like it will ever get finished. Now Dennis has the ATF approval already which is a big step. Now I would just like to see two or three of these guns firing.

I'm interested to see where it goes as well. I've got a vickers I need to get done and should spend the money on building it instead of buying a maxim kit. On the other hand, I'd rather have a maxim.
    Czar of all the Michigans
    In memory of Johnhttp://act.alz.org/goto/Weasel

No you should hold off on the vicker build and buy a maxim now while you can. They are going to be worth 2-3K in a few years. Look at the German Maxims!

Quote Originally Posted by IMBLITZVT View Post
    No you should hold off on the vicker build and buy a maxim now while you can. They are going to be worth 2-3K in a few years. Look at the German Maxims!

i agree with IMB, but it looks like the good maxims kit will hit $2000 in the next couple months ( if you can even find one to buy). i am so glad i bought mine when they were a reasonable price and i got the mounts with them also. i mostly wanted to get the RSP's for now, i can get the other parts later.

notice: i just got an update e-mail, my plates will be here on the 2nd of jan. i will post some pictures when they get here.
    Last edited by Planning; 12-29-2007 at 03:02 PM.
    31B

A week from Monday I start my new job and then I can think about buying up a kit. No income for a month is draining the savings quick. My girlfriends family sure got sick of hauling all the ammo and mounts during the move.
    Czar of all the Michigans
    In memory of Johnhttp://act.alz.org/goto/Weasel

New Recruit Private
    Is this company still making the semi parts for the 1910? Worth a chance to see if thread is still being watched.

Veteran
    He is still in business. Not certain where in the work list 1910 parts are. I did see chatter about them over at 1919 forum. It’d be worthwhile contacting him.