Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: CETME receiver flats

Yea, Yea thats it we epoxied it. Oh, in case you were wondering, rusty the trigg pack is clipped and pinned.

Banned Private
    since my uncle is a machinist and a metal worker currently working in a steel tubing company he is my source of how to do this right without lots of expensive tooling. since the metal is 1006 steel that is low carbon 6 percent carbon very mallable soft steel it takes aproximately 6 tons of force to bend this .06 thick steel reciever. to a .780 inch inside diameter. im using a piece of u channel steel 3x1 3/8x3/16. and three pieces of 3/4 inch or .750. a-36 rolled steel rod. the undersized rod is no problem since the spring back of the steel will come out to be about 780 and the top portion of the bolt carrier is .760. i also squared off the rails the bolt rides on since they curve and stick out which most people dont seem to account for and it creates friction on the bolt sides. i compared it my ptr 91 and its about the same after using a vice and some metal stock like a flat piece that is the right size to fit in the slot on my ptr reciever rails and a square stock to press the other side and flatten out the rounded portion. making it square like its supposed to be.

im going to put two rods on the inside of the u channel and press the center rod between them bending the reciever, simulation a roller. my uncle says it the best way accounting for the reciever thickness and dia of the rods.

a crude drawing of the arrangement. next is welding when i get my supplies from metals depot for 20 bucks and 10 for shipping

_O_
    IO OI
    Last edited by muffin; 03-17-2008 at 06:19 PM.

rustypirate
    Quote Originally Posted by mojohona View Post
    Yea, Yea thats it we epoxied it. Oh, in case you were wondering, rusty the trigg pack is clipped and pinned.
    Yeah, I caught that....

Muffin,

ive seen a lot of ways to do this bend and they all work.... im just wanting to give Mojohana's jig a run.

its not that i cant do the screwdriver method that my friend Nitegunner came up with... on this one im just wanting to do it "high tech" lol
    say what you mean & mean what you say!

New Recruit Private
    Please add me to the rental list.

Veteran
    That jig looks nice. Please add me to the borrower list.

thanks

If I can be added to the list, I would gladly pay the shipping, comming and going.

Thanks...

"flats also have that lip at the back of the ejection port...anyone know if this was a change in the stamping?"

SDK, that is how my CAI receivered stamped CETME is. It is just to strengthen the eject port, since it will take a beating.

thanks for confirming that it wasnt a mistake!!

but it is kinda sharp...
    say what you mean & mean what you say!

Hi All,

New to this forum, but I post over at GunsLLC as lakeracer69 and AKFiles as Topgun. I would like to get on the rental list too. I have two flats to bend, one G3 parts set, and one from an HK21 with the feed box. I'd really like to get the 21 up and running. If I could be added to the list I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

John H. in NH