Thread: 2 CETME'S and assorted other rifles

2 CETME'S and assorted other rifles

Well, we finally got to shoot the CETME'S...These are the HESSE builds from the late 90's that have been in storage.

Picked up a few steel mags from CTD for $4.97 each we shot almost a whole S.A. Battle Pack that was purchased last month from AIMSURPLUS for $89.00

This is my friend Bob hitting a man-sized target at 200 yards off hand...and easy shot for these rifles. 2 FTF's that I attibuted to the new mags, both of them were in the first 10 rounds in the same CETME with the same mag...a little breakfree and about a dozen seat -cycle bolt- eject - seat combos and it was good to go!

Here's Bob again, this time with his new AK...single shot since the mags didn't fit and he forgot the hand files to work on them...I guess single shot is better than no shot

On the table you can see the CETME'S, a KEL-TEC SU-16C in .223, a Glock 22 in .40...not seen were the Savage FP110 in .308, the Mossberg 500 Tactical,the Glock 27 in .40 and the always present Ruger 10/22

The range is in Lake City, Florida - it's called The Friends of Osceola and it's owned by the State, maintained with tax dollars and state funds - there are no Range Masters or Saftey Officers - you are on your own...during the week you have the run of a 200 yard rifle range, and 2 50 yard pistol / shotgun courses, all of it covered with shooting tables, rests, benches and restrooms.

While it's a good hour and a half from Jacksonville, it's well worth the trip!
    "If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that it was you that tried"

Looks like fun.

Reminds me of the Fancis Marion public range down near Chaleston. It went to crap for a while with trash & old TV's half way to the 100yd line. Then the state came & re-did the place & put a cover on it. It is about 80 miles away from my house but only a 20 min ride from my bros house, who is just as big of a gun nut as I. When ever I go visit I pack heavy & take as many guns as I have cases for. I always leave with more brass than I came with! It's a great place to shoot & I wish there was one like it closer to my home. I have to shot @ my sisters horse farm so I'm always worried about scaring the horses. I think they are started to get used to me tho.

I'm like a pirate:Always look'n fer Booty!

Nice!

A good range is worth the drive. thanks for the report!

Looks great I may have to head up there soon and check it out

delete