Thread: Comparing Value?

Comparing Value?

Hypothetical situation...

A "friend" of mine *ahem* wants an FAL...

He has a CAI CETME stamped rec., un-ground bolt, gaps at .006. Just don't shoot it ever really.

Would a century FAL with a Brazilian mfg. receiver be a fair trade?, I just want to see if that is a fair trade.
    Also, as I am not opposed to building one, is a trade for a Gear Logo receiver or a DSA a fair trade for a century CETME?

Money is tight, and want to see what you guys think about comparable values of the two types.
    COG #1018

Depends on if someone has the aforementioned FAL and willing to trade, or if that is what your "friend" is asking in trade. If #1, YES. If #2, might be harder to find someone willing to swap. The CAI FALs with the non CAI recievers seem to be going up all the time as receiver options are drying up and prices go up. Just my .02.
    COG #6
    "Runnin's not a plan, runnin's what you do when a plan fails!"

IMHO, I would check the prices out there, I imagine the imbel receivered dsa fal, might bring more than the CETME.
    Still building bigger and better bombs for your brighter tommrows(aw heck and takeing them apart and demilling them for that tommrow too)

the reciever itself....

but for a century gun, something like the Brazilian receivered R1A1 that Xernex has comes to mind.
    Last edited by KMURPHY; 08-11-2008 at 08:03 PM.
    COG #1018

Guess I missed it was just a dsa/imbel, receiver, but a imbel receivered century build is IMHO, worth more than a CETME. As for just a dsa(gear logoed imbel) receiver, the same receiver is on both the century(if its gear logoed, its an Imbel too).
    Still building bigger and better bombs for your brighter tommrows(aw heck and takeing them apart and demilling them for that tommrow too)

anyone kicking around the idea of trading a century built brazillian recievered FAL for a CETME + some cash, let me know.
    COG #1018