Thread: Chinese M37 shotgun???

Chinese M37 shotgun???

I ran across a Chinese made M37 shotgun that has a synthetic stock and heatshield. No Norinco markings. It kind of looks like a trench shotgun. Are they decent? About what are they worth in about 90% condition (would be 95 but the trigger got the end broken off somehow). I have to give the man an answer soon letting him know if I am buying it or not. Any info is appreciated.

They were selling at the gun shows around here for about $139 two years ago. Used to see piles of them, but not as many, lately. There is also a chinese 870 clone.
    Both get pretty high marks from those who own them, and dissed by the "chinese crap sucks" crowd.
    "Daddies' rifle in my hand felt reassuring. He told me red means run, son, numbers add up to nothin'. When the first shot hit the dock, I saw it comin'--raised my rifle to my eye, never stopped to wonder why--then I saw black, and my face flashed in the sky..."
    Powderfinger, Neil Young

i have one and i really like it. i have only fired it 3 times and it functioned very well. the fit and finish is good on mine.
    when i was a dealer i sold a lot of these and never had any complaints on them.
    if it has broken parts, i would find out how they got broke. i have seen these for $130 to $150 new in the box at the gun shows. unless you can get for around $75 or $80 i would just go to a gun show and buy one NIB. then you will know it has not been abused or messed with. ( buying parts for a gun is usually not cheap) i am always suspect of guns that have any broken parts on them and only buy them as a parts guns.

good luck...............
    31B